Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Turkish Oud by Saadettin Sandi, Cankaya Music
DanielH
Oud Addict

Mood: Satisfied

[*] posted on 1-9-2011 at 10:58 AM
Turkish Oud by Saadettin Sandi, Cankaya Music

Lowering price to $1200. Anyone interested?

---

Hi All,

I'm selling my Sandi Turkish oud. I originally bought the oud in order to learn and had begun to take lessons when I was still single. However, life has added new responsibilities for me in the past couple of years (wife, children, children children!), and I just don't have the time to invest into learning anymore. It is too nice an instrument to leave in a closet unplayed, so I'm offering it to the forum members. Here are the specs:

- Item # from the Cankaya music catalog is VMUI-50 (http://www.cankayamuzikevi.com). All of the construction details can be found there as well.

- Purchased in 2006 from David Eisner of the House of Musical Traditions (http://www.hmtrad.com), Takoma Park, Maryland. Mr. Eisner purchased it directly from Saadettin Sandi at a music expo on the West Coast that Mr. Sandi exhibited at.

- In 2007 I had Dincer Dalkilic custom-fit new ebony pegs.

- The instrument is in beautiful condition, with only one minor cosmetic flaw. I scratched the finish on the pegbox around one of the pegs when I first got the oud, as the peg was stuck and barely able to be moved (photo below). This is why I eventually had new pegs fitted. After the new pegs, it tunes like a dream!

- Construction is very solid and all joints are fitted well.

Overall, this is a great instrument. If you search for Sandi or Cankaya on these forums you'll see that his ouds have a great reputation. The oud will come with a black hard-shell case, a risha and an extra set of strings that I had originally ordered from Jameel at Khalaf Oud Luthiery. I also have the Oud Method by my Marina Toshich that I would be happy to include. Thanks!

- Daniel

oud_front.jpg - 35kB oud_back.jpg - 36kB oud_base.jpg - 60kB oud_pegs.jpg - 32kB oud_neck-joint.jpg - 54kB oud_serial01.jpg - 32kB oud_case.jpg - 32kB oud_card.jpg - 83kB

Go To Top