[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 10:28 AM
long time Ylidirim

hi

I order oud from Yıldırım Palabıyık turksh maker

but I waited four months to finsh my oud

Does that satisfy one
this is not good work

I am wating

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
fadel
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 10:12 AM

hi my friend,

I have a lot of order and i have only 2 hands. You are my friend and yes i am making the slowly your oud because first reson when i made an oud for you i don't earn any money because you help us and you are very good friend for me. and second reson is you want arabic style oud and it is difficult for me specially bowl is a problem . Yes you waited so long but 3 weeks ago you said to gokce , stop the oud i don't believe you , i don't want this oud ,lies ,bla ,bla...

If you think i am not professional ok , i am .but I have a baby and i have to earn money my friend i am not like !!!!!!!or like !!!!! yet .When i have ready ouds more 20 ouds then i will have time for sit little bit.

I am so sorry for the time , you are right what you say .but i hope , i could explain what am i thinking .

Thank you for everything and your sharing on my site.

Yildirim.

I do not like this style

But you led me to do

You have promised me more than 6 times that oud is ready and will send it soon

The last time you will end before 2011 Oud

I do not believe you

yase I do not believe you

I am sorry for u not for my

fadel

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
myeyes2020
Oud Junkie

Mood: na3im

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 07:25 PM

Hi Fadel

Firstly, it seems that you are both good friends. If you value this friendship, then you should remove this thread and salvage that friendship. If you dont value that friendship anymore, then don't worry about recieving a good oud after embarrassing the luthier on this forum. Even if the luthier does his best job, if his heart is not into the project, it may not have the soul that you expect.

Secondly, Yildirim is correct. If he is not accostumed to making an Arabic bowl, then he is faced with a challenge. It's very honorable for him to admit that to you and it's best for him to take his time to get it correct.
I agree that it's upsetting not to receive your oud when promised. Unfortunately it's very common for private family luthiers (not factories) who are making ouds from scratch to be late by several months from the deadline. Especially when dealing internationally.If you are buying a good oud for a lifetime, then a few months of patience will not hurt you. It seems that part of lateness is due to some confusion and the cancelling of a project by you.

You should understand that he is a family man and if he is not making money on this oud, it may not be a priority that will feed his family. I recommend that you salvage your friendship and be patient even if it takes another 6 months. Patience for a good oud is worth your time!

That's my opinion.

Adel
fadel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-23-2011 at 03:46 AM

hi Adel

Thank you for your words my brother

The problem is in the many promises and not in the delay

If he told me the truth there would be no problem

He did not comment because it did not work properly

Where are these experiences that speak about

Just bowl and have a story but I will not mention them out of respect for myself

I've experimented with many makers but not like this

If each worker delayed because the family has not completed

We all hav families
fadel

Sam
Oud Junkie

Mood: Selling Ouds

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 01:26 AM

totaly agree with Mr Fadel , We all hate broken promises it's so upsetting and this is not the 1st time that Mr Yildirim breaks a promise .

Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 08:55 AM

Hi Fadel

Sorry to hear of your frustrations. I am usually cautious about commenting on disputes when I clearly don't know all the fact etc but this may help. Often I find these promises are genuine because it is some people's way of always having to give a positive response ... I can also have a tendancy for this but I have learned over the years to be more realistic ... now I can be too realistic at times :)

I can almost be certain that Yıldırım Palabıyık wants to be well thought of and has probably got behind on work and tries to please you by making promises, so it is probably with the best of intentions and his way of expressing himself.

I'd try to take a gentle approach to him so he doesn't feel to pressurised and anxious about solving the problem ... it may just free things up enough for you to get your oud.

Just a suggestion

Good luck

Leon

fadel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 01:40 PM

hi

thank Ararat 66

The problem is in the many promises and not in the delay

I order now to 3 oud from Vaysel turksl oud maker

Vaysel giv my 3 month to finsh my oud is it ok for my

time no Problem

today I sent Yildrim Email to my friend becose hw wanet 7 string oud

I do not hate one

But a problem occurred with regret Yildrim did not comment

fadel

Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 02:39 PM

Hi Fadel

Well you are doing the right thing I reckon, staying friendly and open but also looking elsewhere. Usta Sarikus is making some amazing sounding ouds fromwhat I have heard on this forum. Pity Yildirim cannot get it together at the moment as his ouds look great and he seems very talented.

Goood luck

Leon
fadel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 03:33 PM

hi

relly I like Yildrim oud and I hav good oud from him

But to wait and be patient with the false dates... sorry no

fadel

fadel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-27-2011 at 05:39 PM

Adel and leon

I am stell wating the oud

he promis my in this month April

I hoop he can coments ( why and why )

thank

Go To Top