Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I'm Back
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

Mood: Majnoun el Oud

[*] posted on 9-3-2004 at 04:14 AM
I'm Back

Boy, being away sure means missing a lot... Two months in Lebanon meant dismal internet provider, and when I could get on the forum I could never reply due to the frequency of being disconnected. Now I am in Latvia and back at my beloved computer and good connection.
As for news, I have new Oud now :) Dad bought it for a very good price from someone in Saudi Arabia, who seemingly cut all ties with music. It was in a shabby condition, but Dad cleaned and varnished the back (under my instructions) and sent it to one shop to get new strings and fix back the face. Face was left untouched under my request, I feared that the face would be damaged further coz it needed care, and I was right, face was actually very thin. all by all. The whole oud is very light, and sound is very deep, and the lower tones are clear and free of any buzz. The maker is Mohammad Amin Ibrahim, first supervisor of none other than Jamil Georges :applause: Date of construction was peeled off sadly, but it seems a bit old, the guy who made it had experience (it says so on the label inside) since 1956.
Bluesy, there was actually another thread about Maqam of the week, which I started, but couldnt continue, and it's quite different from TP's thread. As for my contribution for revaldo (and many thanx for him for starting off where I stopped) I will post a sound file of my New Baby :D Hope y'all will like it.
Peace y'all

Yours truly,
Basel :D
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-3-2004 at 04:44 AM

This is a pic (not good quality) of the Oud's back
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-3-2004 at 04:45 AM

here's another pic of the face
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-3-2004 at 04:47 AM

and this is the label... Dunno if u can see the names very clear but U should be able to see Jamil Georges' name in arabic in middle... Also in english, on the right side below u can see "Gamil Georges"
sydney
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bastanikar

[*] posted on 9-12-2004 at 12:49 PM
Mabrok

Hello Basel

Mabrok (congratulations) for your new oud. It sounds lovely and real.

It also seems to bring more nice feelings out of you brother.

I was wondering what differance in size is it compared to the old one you had before? I am not used to your risha touching the face of the oud as such, unless you are using a very soft risha.

I like the maqam and I wanted to post something played on my new Electric Haluk Oud but I actually got confused where to post. There are that many topics open under maqam... !

Be well Brother.

Emad from Sydney

Go To Top