Ikhwan Nahat 1914 is an original Nahat in a good quality,
as know All Ikhwan nahat (Abdo& Roufan)ouds have a big size
but this one is different.
the bowl is 46cmX32.5cm and the Stringlength:57cm

best regards
Nazih

for a serious buyer;
info@oudnazihghadban.com

ikhwan-Nahat-1914-B&T.L.jpg - 33kB ikhwan-Nahat-1914--B-L.jpg - 35kB Ikhwan-Nahat-1914Label.Ljpg.jpg - 43kB ikhwan-Nahat-1914-RL.jpg - 63kB ikhwan-Nahat-1914-TL.jpg - 34kB

Attachment: Ikhwan Nahat 1914.mp3 (673kB)
This file has been downloaded 582 times

Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-5-2011 at 06:05 AM
Isn't a narcissism !

Isn’t a narcissism !

Some oud players ,side by side with their concerts schedule , sell and buy
Nahat ouds and try to monopolize any transaction of Nahat ouds only by themselves,
That is normal and understanding!
But the problem they can’t see any Nahat anywhere as original or playable save their own Nahats.
Isn’t a narcissism !!!
I think there are still honesty veracity and straightness in the world.
"من له اذنان للسماع فليسمع"

Abusaid
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-5-2011 at 07:52 AM

Wow dear Nazih!! This oud is in perfect condition and your playing is very nice.

Good luck!

Best regards,
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 5-5-2011 at 08:02 AM

Fantastic oud - great playing

Best wishes

Leon
spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

Mood: play my ouds

[*] posted on 5-5-2011 at 08:59 AM

What do you mean my friend?
Regards

rex2009
Oud Maniac

Mood: Oud Zone

[*] posted on 5-5-2011 at 11:15 AM

Nice oud and lovely playing. I wonder if the soundboard and the pickguard are original???
Rex
Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-5-2011 at 08:42 PM

All is original

Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 5-9-2011 at 03:08 AM

This is really confusing !
We have long believed that Nahat Bro. firm had liquidated back in 1910 ! Is this wrong ? When did Abdo & Rofan actually brake up ?

Despite the fight between Adel & Nazih, and keeping out of it, I have to point out that this rosette is not genuine. The Arabic calligraphy is rather poor, both in the mid circle & around it. Look at this original one & compare.
This does not mean Nazih is a forger !
He might have received this oud as is & even didn't touch it at all, but this does not have to mean "all is original" ! One should open a wide eye on these antiques in order not to fell into a trap.

One more thing : Why not indicate the price ?
Salamat

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

photo 3 (Small).JPG - 62kB
Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-9-2011 at 09:26 PM
the rosette of Ikhwan is quite different of the Abdo Rosette

Hi AlFarabi

That's right I received Nahat Ikhwan 1914 as shown in the photos. it's Genuine. As for the rosette It's quite different of the rosette presented it is concerning to “Abdo Nahat and his sons” it is made all of bone .while the rosette of Ikhwan Nahat 1914 it is made of wood ,in the middle "Nahat Ikhwan” of the bone."

Otherwise I want to say that Ikwan Nahat ouds aren’t generally at the same level of Abdo Or Toufik or Antoun or Hanna in decorative terms and ornamentation.
While their sound is great .

Salamat

rosette.jpg - 194kB

Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-9-2011 at 09:45 PM

I would add something that when the rosette
is made of wood the lines of the Callighraphy
in the rosette is wider than when it is made of bone.

look this rosette of Hanna Nahat

DSC02646.JPG - 143kB

Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 01:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Nazih Ghadban  
look this rosette of Hanna Nahat

This is exactly what I was trying to say, & you provided another evidence : the calligraphy, my dear, in Hanna's rose is right, while in Ikhwan's is poor.
Excuse me for dooming this rose, but yours indeed knows a little about Arabic letters, he's a calligrapher himself.

However, you haven't related to my question/s:
Naht Bro. broke apart in 1910, or not ?
How come Nahat Bro. ouds weren't of the same quality as Abdo's or Hanna ... while Abdo the great was one of the two associates who established this partnership back in 1880 as indicated on their label ?

Once more : "One more thing : Why not indicate the price ? " The price, my dear, the price ! It may solve the unsolved !

These questions aren't directed to Mr. Ghadban only , but to whosoever may help us understand, if at all !!

Yours indeed
Alfaraby
Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 03:28 AM

الاصدقاء الاعزاء
اخي الفارابي (المعذرة لكتابتي ردودي المختصرة لضيق الوقت ,ارجو ان تفهمني وتقدر ذلك;)
المعذرة لكتابتي باللغة العربية التي افتخر بها خاصة وان موضوعي صانعون عرب لالة العود وشهرتهم وصلت الى ما وراء البحار اعني بهم "آل نحات".
بالنسبة لعود نحات اخوان 1914 الذي عرضته في هذه المنتدى المحترم ,هو فعلا في الصور كما اشتريته من السيد "راتب علي" والذي تعهد لي انه اصلي بالكامل ووقع لي ورقة بذلك احتفظ بها
.ولا اعتقد ان هناك ضرورة لعرضها هنا
اما فيما يخص انفصال الاخوان نحات عن العمل سويا (روفان وعبده;) هناك من يقول انهم قد انفصلوا عام 1900 والبعض الاخر يقول 1910 وباعتقادي هذا الاصح ,انما بقي بعض الاعواد المشتركة كتصفية الشراكة تصدر باسم اخوان نحات حتى 1915 والبعض يقول حتى 1919ولكنني لا اعتقد ذلك مع وجود ورقة تدل على اخوان نحات 1919 لكنها قابلة للشك.(اعرض لابيلات مختلفة لاعواد اخوان نحات;)
اما بالنسبة للسعر ارجو ان تسمح لي بان لا اعرضه وان اردت معرفته ارسل لي ايميل على بريدي الالكتروني الخاص.
اما بالنسبة لمستوى اعواد اخوان نحات كما يقول المثل العربي" طبيخ الشراكة شايط" .
ان رايي الخاص ان اعواد "نحات اخوان" بمجملها ليست بمستوى النحاتين الاخرين لجهة الزخارف المستعملة ودقة الصناعة والشكل العام. اما بالنسبة للصوت فانه رائع رنان قوي ورخيم . ان هذا الكلام لا يقلل من اهمية اعواد "نحات اخوان" بل لعلني اقول ان الصوت في اعواد"نحات اخوان"هو اجمل من اعواد النحاتين الاخرين. وان يكن عبده نحات له اعواد رائعة وفائقة الجمال كذلك روفان وتوفيق وحنا وجورج.
اعود فأعتذر لضيق الوقت كما انني في الوقت نفسه آمل ان تكون اجابتي مساهمة في دعم وتعزيز
الة العود وعرفانا بالجميل لمعلمينا وروادنا آل نحات الذين قاموا بجهود مذهلة وفتحوا للعود ابوابا كانت مغلقة .انهم لم يستوفوا حقهم رحمات الله عليهم وتحية لهم ولاعوادهم النابضة دائما بالحياة.

للسيد مايك محبتي ولكم جميعا تقديري واحترامي
نزيه غضبان

Ikhwan 1885 -2.jpg - 62kB Ikhwan-1905-Label-L.jpg - 39kB Ikhwan-1905-Label-L.jpg - 39kB ikhwan 1914.jpg - 146kB ikhwan 1919.jpg - 188kB

Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 03:33 AM

قد حصل خطأ في صورة 1910 و1914

Ikhwan1910 Label.jpg - 52kB Ikhwan Nahat 1914Label.jpg - 124kB

spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

Mood: play my ouds

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 03:44 AM

Unfortunatelly I don't know to read arab language:(

Microber
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 06:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by spyros mesogeia  

Mi nin pu dji n'comprind rin. Dja ô pô appris l'arâp mais asteûre dja quåsîmint tot roûvî

:D

Oudism
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 06:45 AM

come on guys use your google translate
here you go:

Dear Friends
Brother-Farabi (Excuse me for writing my responses on the shortcut to time constraints, I hope that you understand and appreciate it
Excuse me for my writing in Arabic that proud of, especially as an objective for doing the Arabs to the oud and their fame has reached beyond the seas I mean them, "Al sculptor."
For promises sculptor Brothers in 1914 which was introduced in this esteemed forum, is actually in the photos as I bought it from Mr. "on salary", who has vowed to me that he pray in full and signed a paper so I kept
. I do not think there is a need to view the article here
As for the secession of the Muslim Brotherhood sculptor to work together (Reuven and slave there are those who say they have been separated in 1900 and others say 1910 and I think this is right, but few remained Sticks common Ktsfip Partnership issued in the name Brothers sculptor until 1915 and some say until 1919, but I do not think so with the presence of The paper shows the sculptor Brothers 1919 but it could be in doubt. (View Abilat to different poles Brothers sculptor
As for the price I hope that allows me to not take it that you want to know send me an email at my email address private.
As for the level of Stick Brothers sculptor as the Arab proverb says, "cooking Hait partnership."
That's my opinion that Stick "sculptor Brothers" as a whole is not up to other sculptors in terms of decorations used and the accuracy of industry and the general shape. As for the voice, it is a wonderful sounding strong and tuneful. In saying this does not diminish the significance of the Stick "sculptor Brothers", but to openly say that the sound in the sticks "sculptor Brothers" is more beautiful than the other sculptors Stick. Abdou and sculptor has been a wonderful, high-Stick as well as beauty, success, Reuven and George Hanna.
He opted to go back to time constraints I am also at the same time I hope my answer help support and promote
Lute, and in gratitude to our teachers and Ruana Al sculptor who have been amazing and opened to the wood doors were closed. They did not meet their Rahmat Allah upon them and greet them and their sticks are always vibrant with life.

Mr. Mike and love you all my appreciation and respect
Impartial angry

I love the name of Nazih ..Impartial angry:D
Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 10:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Microber  
Quote: Originally posted by spyros mesogeia  

Mi nin pu dji n'comprind rin. Dja ô pô appris l'arâp mais asteûre dja quåsîmint tot roûvî

:D

A translation:

Dear Friends

Brother AlFarabi (Excuse me for writing my responses on the shortcut to time constraints, I hope that you understand and appreciate it)
Excuse me for my writing in Arabic that I am proud of, especially as the objective for oud is the Arabs makers who their fame has reached beyond the seas I mean "Nahats Family”.

Regarding “Nahat Ikhwan”1914 which I was introduced in this esteemed forum, is actually in the photos as I bought it from Mr. "Rateb Ali”, who has vowed to me that it is all genuine and signed a paper so I kept .I do not think there is a need to view the article here.

As for the secession of Ikhwan Nahat to work together (Roufan &Abdo) there are those who say they have been separated in 1900 and others say 1910 and I think this is right, but some few remained common oud as clearance of the Partnership issued in the name Nahat Ikhwan until 1915 and some say until 1919, but I don’t think so with the presence of The paper shows the Nahat Ikhwan Brothers 1919 but it could be in doubt. (View Labels in different forms of Nahat Ikhwan).

As for the price I hope that you allow me to not take it here.if you want to know it send me an email at my private email address.I think the price of Nahat Ikhwan usually is less than other Nahats save Georges.

As for the level of Nahat Ikhwan ouds as the Arabic proverb says, " partnership cooking is not good “.
That's my opinion that Ikhwan Nahats oud as a whole is not up to other Nahats(Abdo,Antoun,Toufik,Hanna) in terms of decorations used and the accuracy of industry and the general shape. As for the sound, it is a wonderful sound strong and tuneful. In saying that it doesn’t diminish the significance of the Ikhwan Nahat ouds, but to openly say that the sound in the Ikhwan Nahat ouds is more beautiful than the other Nahats.Even that Abdo has many wonderful amazing ouds then , as well as, Roufan ,Antoun,,Toufik and Hanna.

Again sorry to go to constraints time, in the same time I hope my reply supports and promotes The OUD Instrument, with my gratitude to our teachers and Guidelines The Nahats who have been amazing and opened to the OUD doors were closed. They did not have been appreciated there, as their ouds are
always vibrant with life.

God bless them !!!

Love to Mr. Mike. And my appreciation and respect to you all

Nazih Ghadban

Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 11:38 AM

Thanks to Nazih for his clarification regarding this oud.
I don't think most of us can make a judgment about the situation between Adel and Nazih. Regardless of the originality of any of the ouds involved, it is certainly unfortunate that two such esteemed members of the community would have such a problem with one another.
Since you have each presented your side of the story, I think it's best to leave it at that; I doubt that amount of further arguing is going to illuminate the situation further.

My perspective on buying ouds is always this: if you pay for the sound and the quality of workmanship, you will not be disappointed--because the truth of what you are getting is right in front of you.

If you are paying extra for the history and value of a reputation, it is possible to have a big disappointment if the oud is not what it is claimed to be. It's wise in that situation to be extra careful and seek verification by disinterested experts (which are hard to find), and understand that it is a risk even if the seller is honest.

1914 was 97 years ago, very few instruments survive that long without significant repairs or visible damage (even if very minor).
It seems to me that it difficult to say with 100% certainty of most old instruments that it is "all original", and sellers are better off estimating how certain they are and what parts may possibly be repaired or replaced.

my 2¢

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
jack
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 04:33 PM
Nazih Ghadban ouds

Well Samertalat, we're all entitled to our opinions. So here's mine. I own two Nazih Ghadban ouds, and they are absolute masterpieces worth every penny. Nazih has been incredibly honest, professional, and caring when dealing with me. I consider his ouds a wonderful addition to my life. And I consider him an extremely trustworthy merchant. I live in Vancouver, BC. I invite any oudists on the forum who live in the area to come and play oud with me, and enjoy the brilliance of a Ghadban oud firsthand.
Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-21-2011 at 11:47 AM

Thanks Jack I appreciate your comment.

Hi Friends
I will not answer Samer as I don't want to go down to the level of his low conversation.
our interest is the support of our favorite instrument "the oud".

Go To Top