Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Selling a Nahat
shareen
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dreaming

[*] posted on 6-12-2011 at 08:41 AM
Selling a Nahat

I am selling an Ikwan Nahat oud. As the label is in Arabic I cannot tell you about it. I'm told it was built in 1910. However, I am told it was partially restored by Jameel Abraham and perhaps he can say something about it. It is in the same condition as when I purhased it. It has been stored in a climate controlled room. I am moving and no longer want the responsibility of keeping fragile and antique instruments as my life changes. I cannot attest to the complete originality of every part, however, my luthier, Haig Manukian feels that it is all original. The rosette, I am told was made by Jameel. Hopefully Jameel can add some light to this post! Ask is $3,000 with gig bag. Will ship in US and Canada only fully insured. Please email me at musicwithoutwalls@gmail.com Better than U2U please!!

P1000721.JPG - 150kB P1000722.JPG - 147kB P1000725.JPG - 154kB P1000727.JPG - 154kB P1000726.JPG - 145kB
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 6-12-2011 at 09:27 AM

I gather you don't play it. How would it sound?
Danielo
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-12-2011 at 10:12 AM

Here it is :

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=7419#pid465...
Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 6-12-2011 at 01:36 PM

So who restored it, Jamil or Nazih ? It depends !
The soundboard as seen in the photos, both old & new, seems relatively newer than 1910 ! No wood would look like this after one full century !
Let's agree that at least the soundboard has been replaced.
We'd like to hear the bridegroom singing !

Thanks indeed
Yours
Alfaraby
shareen
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-12-2011 at 03:25 PM
Ikwan Nahat

Thank you Danielo for posting the original thread. Yes, that was the story and Nazih seemed to think it was all original. Others have seen ouds this old look like this. It all depends on who played it, or just kept it in their house. I do play a little, but I am not playing now, therefor I cannot post a sound file. What you see is what you get, and yes, it is an outstanding example of a fine Arabic oud. I was was told that Jameel did the Rosette and the restoration of the back of the neck I think. Maybe he will see the post and make a comment.
mourad algiers
Banned

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 04:47 AM

what a wonder of dealers you are, trying hard to show and sell ouds illegally under different names...one of you even suggests the use of the violent ban hammer usually used by Arab tyrans to silence people, and at the same time he leans on his talent as a budding poet to clean the dust in the hearts. I think it would do him good if he started by removing the hammer violence that seems to be deeply-rooted in his sombre soul, (what was his name, the oud junky?), music does not tally with violence , danielo, fernandreynaud, cocorico, and the like, Ameer, ali-zakalia or whoever, music does not tally with violence. And with no hard feelings, only the music....cherio

Dear Mr Mourad, It is clear you joined these forums for one purpose only and that was to toy with or abuse anyone selling an oud. Six posts and all with the same intention. Your posting rights have therefore been removed. Your other three posts under another name didn't make it through the new moderation system, so nobody saw them. Cherio! (moderator Greg)
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 07:16 AM

What are you saying mr Mourad?
ameer
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 11:16 AM

When did I get pulled into this?
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 05:56 PM

Shareen, you have been a long standing member and have contributed positively over the years.

dont pay attention to the low lives...

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
shareen
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-16-2011 at 07:45 AM

There are crazy people everywhere. I remain sincere in wanting to sell this oud and will entertain all reasonable offers appropriate. I am moving and need to sell off a number of instruments. Serious offers and discussions only please.
shareen
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-27-2011 at 03:58 AM
Ikwan Nahat For sale

I am still offering this oud for sale. Please email me at musicwithoutwalls@gmail.com with inquiries. Thanks

Go To Top