Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Two amazing Oud videos must see!
jass
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-16-2012 at 05:05 AM
Two amazing Oud videos must see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NilHdbxQZ7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEM-ieW-ECw

JOSEPH TAWADROS
Oud Master joins forces with Classical Violin Virtuoso Richard Tognetti and the Australian Chamber Orchesta for an unforgettable musical journey…
CONCERTO OF THE GREATER SEA

Australia’s very own Oud Virtuoso and prolific composer, Joseph Tawadros has always had a thirst for the new, a passion which stems from his Oud, the Middle Eastern short necked lute. With each release he seems to amazingly reinvent himself musically delighting fans and audiences with innovative ideas for his instrument, soulful compositions and exciting new line ups. His new release, the long awaited Concerto of the Greater Sea is no different. Teaming up with Australia’s leading violin virtuoso Richard Tognetti and the prestigious Australian Chamber Orchestra, this CD promises to make waves locally and abroad. Concerto of the Greater Sea showcases Joseph’s talents as a composer and is made up of 16 original works, which are divided into two parts, completing one delicate emotional journey. 8 tracks on this CD are for Oud and Chamber Orchestra, while for the other 8, he enlists the help of Australian jazz piano legend Matt McMahon, Principal ACO Violist Chris Moore and his long time collaborator brother, percussion prodigy James Tawadros.

Joseph writes: “I have always been fond of the sea, its movement, its silence, its energy, its freedom and the new compositions are about being immersed in this. To stand free hypnotized by the ‘sleepless mother’, to be caressed by its gentleness, to resonate with its roar and be lost in the wind, to travel while still, to dream while awake. But also for me, the ocean represents a return to oneself, a rediscovery, an emotional reinvention, musically, spiritually and beyond…It’s not about being adventurous, experimental or creating incongruity in the hope of being pioneering, but rather a type of restraint which stays true to an emotion and a moment in time. My music is me and each piece on this album is a prayer, a dream, a word, a discovery, a flower, a person, a breath, a wish, the sea. It’s about reflecting the dreams and emotions of the listeners through mine, and I am humbled to be able to share something so profound without knowing all of them. Bound to the same emotions, and perhaps sharing a tear or a smile over a melody or even a single note, all without ever meeting. How beautiful it is, but with great responsibility it comes.”

Born in Cairo in 1983, Joseph came to Australia at 2 years of age. By the age of 12 he was a seasoned concert performer. Tawadros has many honours to his young belt including five limelight awards for world music, a Freedman fellowship for classic music and eight ARIA award nominations and twice for Young Australian of the year. In Sydney Magazines 2011 TOP 100 influential people he was listed at number 20.

The Greater Sea.jpg - 82kB

Go To Top