Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Iraqi Oud 7 Course....
spacelooper
Oud Lover

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 10-4-2004 at 02:54 PM
Iraqi Oud 7 Course....

I am curious... I am getting ready to order my first Oud, and am actually most fond of the Iraqi/Bashir style, 7 Course Oud... from the Ouds I've heard this one strikes me best... I am also fond of it's look as well...
My question is... I realize there are different styles of Ouds... how different are each of these styles to play?... am I going to have a harder time learning or finding someone to teach me on an Iraqi Oud as I would a Classic Arabic, or turkish Oud?... or are the differences very minimal?...
Also are strings harder to find one over the other... and I have noticed very different tunings...are there no real standard tunings for Ouds?...
I would appreciate any information on the Iraqi Oud and playing it... this is my first Oud and am having one made for me and as I mentioned of the Oud's this Luthier makes I really love his Iraqi Oud best... but I do wish to get one that is practical as well...

thanks,
Todd
walkad
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 10:46 AM

Spacelooper, the basic techniques of oud playing is generally the same, so in the beginning I dont think there would be big difference if you got a Turkish teacher or another, thats for the basic techniques.

There are no real standards of tuning oud, but there are tunings that are more comon for some regions

As for the other questions could I am not sure if I understood them well, could you explain more?

regards
yossichay
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 10-10-2004 at 04:47 AM

Dear Todd,

I'm looking a place to buy 7-course oud. Can you please send me where to buy such oud and what will be its expected cost?

Thanks,

Yossi

Go To Top