Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What Oud is that? Appreciate feedback guys
Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 02:30 AM
What Oud is that? Appreciate feedback guys

Hi there dear Ouders and Oud experts,
I found this Oud offered on Ebay Germany. Is it really made by Foad Jihad?

Thanks,
Beshar

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Oriental-Oud-Arabisch-Irakisch-Oud-/23074214...

zakiya_alali
Oud Junkie

Mood: Jameel Bashir is a Legand

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 03:29 AM

Hi Bashar,

First I just want to say im a big fan and I like ur music style and I listen 2 ur cd all the time :)
and I was really upset as I missed ur concert in london couple of months back :(
Now this oud was made by alla foad Jihad(the older son of foad jihad) and it was made specially for the jordianian singer omar alabdalat.

Take Care
Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 03:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by zakiya_alali  

Hi Bashar,

First I just want to say im a big fan and I like ur music style and I listen 2 ur cd all the time :)
and I was really upset as I missed ur concert in london couple of months back :(
Now this oud was made by alla foad Jihad(the older son of foad jihad) and it was made specially for the jordianian singer omar alabdalat.

Take Care

How wonderful it was to read your reply dear! Well perhaps you are the first to know my future plans to implement Oud into my music! I already recorded a song that shall be released soon where I played some oud with a Tangos style flamenco!
Thanks for the info. And I wonder if it is worth it to buy this oud and take it to a local luthier to "fix" restore it? The guys mentioned that it has a mild crack of some sort!

zakiya_alali
Oud Junkie

Mood: Jameel Bashir is a Legand

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 07:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi  
Quote: Originally posted by zakiya_alali  

Hi Bashar,

Take Care

How wonderful it was to read your reply dear! Well perhaps you are the first to know my future plans to implement Oud into my music! I already recorded a song that shall be released soon where I played some oud with a Tangos style flamenco!
Thanks for the info. And I wonder if it is worth it to buy this oud and take it to a local luthier to "fix" restore it? The guys mentioned that it has a mild crack of some sort!

Well best of luck your music style really loveable. You can always go and check the oud out before u buy it and see how bad is the crack. Foad Jihad oud are really great specialy in terms of sound quality and most of iraqi oud legands have foad jihad oud like khalid mohmad ali, ehsan emam, mustafa zayer, sami naseem, kathem alsaher etc

Go To Top