Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Instrument: the Nautilauta
Plum_Pasha
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-14-2012 at 07:40 AM
New Instrument: the Nautilauta

Hi — I have had this up under "ouds, ouds, ouds" for a while (and see the interesting discussions there!), but maybe it should be here also:

I have designed a new musical instrument for playing maqam and dastgah music:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/610528987/the-nautilauta

If we raise the $3,600 goal then luthier Josh Humphrey will build the thing and we can hear it by mid-May — pretty exciting. Please take a look, give a little if you can, and/or pass this along to anyone who might be interested — your Facebook even, whatever... there are only 15 days left to fund the project!

Many thanks!
Eric
Plum_Pasha
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-19-2012 at 04:54 PM

9 days left, folks — nobody wants to chuck $5 at it, see if it sticks? Last day to fund the Nautilauta prototype is February 29!
Plum_Pasha
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-21-2012 at 01:00 PM

Just one week left to help fund this little rebel — we can use a dollar if that's what you can give — thanks!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/610528987/the-nautilauta

Eric
Plum_Pasha
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-24-2012 at 11:34 AM

5 days left! As of right now this page has had 95 views, and the one under "ouds,ouds,ouds" has over 700! Man, if each of you slapped down $1.75 we'd be listening to a Nautilauta by summer! Let's go, pioneers!
MatthewVanitas
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 2-25-2012 at 12:30 PM

I've put my $15 down, and I'll puzzle out if I know a few folks I can buy albums to gift to.

I've also posted an uninvolved-party plug at Acoustic Guitar forums: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2948180#...

I read their FAQ regarding advertising, and not sure if they'll balk at my noting a Kickstarter project, but it's worth a shot. Will be curious to see if you get any donations coming in from that referral site. EDIT: I posted on AGF and within 30m got a reply and $50 more appeared on your Kickstarter; coincidence? :cool:
Plum_Pasha
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-25-2012 at 04:50 PM

Thanks Matthew! Kickstarter works in mysterious ways; they give me some statistics on backers but I know not whence they all come!

Everybody else: There are 3 days left... I hope you like dramatic happy endings as much as I do!

Thanks,
Eric
Plum_Pasha
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-25-2012 at 08:44 PM

I couldn't predict Kickstarter's clock, exactly, but I think the funding cycle will end around noon on Wednesday, Feb. 29 Pacific Standard Time — just sayin'!
Plum_Pasha
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-26-2012 at 05:52 PM

Let's see, there are 170 views of this post so far and $736 left to go — that's $4.33 each.

2 and a half days left folks!
Plum_Pasha
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 08:40 AM

Well, we have reached our funding goal! I guess I was a little surprised that this post had been looked at over 170 times, and another like it under "Ouds Ouds Ouds" about 870 times and yet only 4 people from all of Mike's Oud Forum contributed anything. Live and learn! Thanks to the four of you, and to those who otherwise added your helpful comments to the conversation!

Best,
Eric
abc123xyz
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 12:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Plum_Pasha  
Well, we have reached our funding goal! I guess I was a little surprised that this post had been looked at over 170 times, and another like it under "Ouds Ouds Ouds" about 870 times and yet only 4 people from all of Mike's Oud Forum contributed anything. Live and learn!

I guess you could say there was just Nautilauta interest in your project.

:D

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

:)

David
Plum_Pasha
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 01:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by abc123xyz  
Quote: Originally posted by Plum_Pasha  
Well, we have reached our funding goal! I guess I was a little surprised that this post had been looked at over 170 times, and another like it under "Ouds Ouds Ouds" about 870 times and yet only 4 people from all of Mike's Oud Forum contributed anything. Live and learn!

I guess you could say there was just Nautilauta interest in your project.

:D

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

:)

David

Good one!

Well, as I have had to clarify (with apologies) at the other place I posted this on the forum, I do realize I am not "owed" anything here — it just *seemed* like the kind of community from which such a project would have gotten a) more feedback at all, and b) more *positive* feedback — sorry the project wasn't to the forum's taste! I won't bug you with such things anymore — thanks for the feedback!
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 02:01 PM

Eric, i think you're showing signs of an unbecoming irritation. Didn't you make your goal, among others, thanks to the 4 oudists?i personally didn't much identify with your project because i play fretless instruments, and i suspect many others here are like that too. Doesn't mean i wouldn't pitch in at the last minute if it was desperate, or that you need to get all huffy.
Plum_Pasha
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 04:32 PM

No offense intended, people of Mike's Oud Forum — I thank you for your attention, goodwill, and support!

Go To Top