Printable Version  
Author: Subject: oud on easyjet?
stos
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-27-2012 at 11:50 PM
oud on easyjet?

Hello everybody!

I'm planning to go to istanbul in june to work on my oud playing and also to find a nice sounding turkish oud to fly back with.

Did somebody do this with easy jet? my soft case seems to fit the maximal size that they allow in cabin, but they seem to be a bit freaky so I prefer to hear about personnal experience!

thanks!!
Mehran
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-28-2012 at 04:17 AM

If its any help my brother has taken his trombone, much longer and heavier than an oud, using easyjet several times.

However from the easyjet website:

Musical instruments will only be permitted to be carried in the cabin and placed into the overhead locker if space is available and strictly subject to the Captain's discretion. The instrument including its carry case must not exceed the dimensions 30 x 120 x 38cms. Instruments which fit into this category include violin, viola, piccolo, flute, clarinet, bugle and trumpet.

Any instrument which exceeds the dimensions 30 x 120 x 38cms must be checked in as checked-baggage. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32 kgs.

In case you haven't booked tickets yet, I flew with Turkish airlines last summer with no issues.
Bodhi
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-28-2012 at 07:55 AM

I had my oud on with easy jet about 12 times with no problem! been asked will it fit a couple of times but I told them I had travelled on there planes before with it and that it fits the lockers, after this they had no problems!
hope this helps

P.S. Jet2 made me pay £30 to take it on there plane (a charge for excess) even though it fitted in their lockers. Be Warned
fayyazi
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-28-2012 at 02:35 PM

i was not allowed to take mine in the cabin when i was travelling from london to copenhagen with easy jet....this was last month
stos
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 03:12 AM

hello guys!

thansk for the answers!

I was kind of busy the last weeks, so sorry I didn't show up

It seems that I have 3 chances on 4 to get in with the oud.. it scares me a little...

I could fly back from istanbul to France with pegasus maybe, do you know if they are more oud-friendly?

thanks a lot!

Christos

Go To Top