Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My new Floating Bridge made by Hussein Sabsaby
Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 01:21 AM
My new Floating Bridge made by Hussein Sabsaby

Hi guys, a couple of months ago I got my floating bridge oud made by Syrian Oud player and luthier Hussein Sabsaby (Sabsaby). After a couple of months of searching, researching available floating bridge options, I decided to go for Sabsaby! I received the Oud in Germany safe and sound. It came with a hard case.
ok briefly this oud is a charm! For my personal preferences, it sounds amazing, and it smells like an Arabic Oud scent as well, something Sabsaby considered.
The bowl is made of walnut wood, the soundboard is made of Cedar (2 pieces), ebony fingerboard.

My experience with Mr. Sabsaby was great, he takes his work seriously, and adds much love and energy to the instrument, The tone of this floating bridge is exactly what I was looking for. My first instrument is a guitar, I compose, produce, sing and play few instruments. Check my work here http://www.albeshar.com
My first instrument is guitar, however, Iraqi Oud music is embedded within my soul. Omar Bashir had played with us in Amman back in 1998, and the tone of my current Oud again from my perspective competes with that made by master Mohammad Fadhel.

In for a surprise?!
The price range is 700 to 900 $US Well, Sabsaby makes two different grades, one with Wallnut back and the other with imported woods such as rosewood. However you have the face and fingerboard made from the same woods on both grades (models). for that price, and beautiful mastery in tone quality, balance, finish, service and attitude, I give this oud 10 points out of 10! Here is a draft recording I made for a new piece I am composing, so I thought of posting this clip. It's a draft a copy, and was recorded as an improvisation. I have cut and faded 2 parts of that improvisation.
The recording was made using one small diaphragm condenser mic.

http://www.albeshar.com/OUd/Test-Sabsaby-Oud-01.mp3

here are few pics
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/files.php?pid=87386&aid=22...

If anyone needs help purchasing, then don't hesitate to contact me, and I can as well translate to Arabic. I believe this guy is a great Luthier and deserves the best.

Cheers,
Beshar

http://www.albeshar.com

MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 02:24 AM

nice sounding oud, amazing good price, and very cool music!
Where is Syrai does H Sabsaby live and work?
thanks for sharing this info with us. regards, MW
Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 02:29 AM

Dear MatthewW,
It's the "Arabic Oud Center" in Damascus, is where the Ouds are made!

oudy allen
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 02:37 AM

Wow! Amazingly sounding oud. Also very nice looking. Congratulations, great purchase! Did the shipping work out well, despite the current unrest in Syria?

P.S. Where in Germany are you residing? I'm also from Germany. ;)

Best Regards,

oudy
Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 03:48 AM

Thanks Oudy!
Well I had to pay 200$ to be sent by TNT! Yes it worked out great and took 2 days actually!!! However one could still have the option of regular post that usually works and much cheaper but I did not want to risk it.

I am living in Berlin for now, but should relocate to the US within a year or so :)
where do u live in Germany?

Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 05:32 AM

Lute,
check your inbox

cheers

oudy allen
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 07:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi  
Thanks Oudy!
Well I had to pay 200$ to be sent by TNT! Yes it worked out great and took 2 days actually!!! However one could still have the option of regular post that usually works and much cheaper but I did not want to risk it.

I am living in Berlin for now, but should relocate to the US within a year or so :)

Glad to hear. I think it was definitely the better option to pay a little more than risking any problems with the shipping. I live in Frankfurt. Do you happen to know of any ways to get oud lessons in Germany, particularly within Hessen?
Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 07:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by oudy allen  
Thanks Oudy!

Glad to hear. I think it was definitely the better option to pay a little more than risking any problems with the shipping. I live in Frankfurt. Do you happen to know of any ways to get oud lessons in Germany, particularly within Hessen?

I know Raed Khoshaba, but he lives in NRW close to Aachen! Unfortunately I know of no one else. Will let u know if I get to know someone.

oudy allen
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 07:33 AM

Thanks Oudy!

I know Raed Khoshaba, but he lives in NRW close to Aachen! Unfortunately I know of no one else. Will let u know if I get to know someone.

I don't know if I'm mistaken but Raed Khoshaba should offer online courses, at least that's what is communicated on his website. I guess I'll give him a call and ask him about it. Thanks! ;)
Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 07:46 AM

Thanks Oudy!

I don't know if I'm mistaken but Raed Khoshaba should offer online courses, at least that's what is communicated on his website. I guess I'll give him a call and ask him about it. Thanks! ;)

Sure why not! Good idea

Go To Top