Author: Subject: New strings for OudSukkar 213
DannyJeremiah
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 6-17-2012 at 03:49 AM
New strings for OudSukkar 213

Hey everyone,
i had recently purchased an OudSukkar 213 from
Arabinstruments.com...
I listened to the sound sample recently and i thought about the actual sound of the oud, and i dont like it, it sounds too unclear and metallic sound... (sample below)
i seriously dont know why i bought this one, but i hope i can change the sound, i am using Pyramid orange pack - 650/ 11. tuned to CFADGC...

Can anyone recommend strings which will suit this particular OudSukkar 213, i desire a clear, warm tone...
please help, new to this...

http://www.arabinstruments.com/112730/Syrian-Oud-By-Ibrahim-Sukar-C...
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 6-17-2012 at 07:32 AM

That guy on the video is a terrible oud player, I don't know why they have him demo the instruments.

I think the oud sounds good overall. Can you give us an example of the sound you're thinking of?

How new are the strings? Sometimes strings sound a little too bright for the first few days. I usually think of the Pyramid orange set as pretty warm.

If you want to spend the money, Pyramid lute strings have the best sound (in my opinion).
http://www.oudstrings.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=...

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 6-17-2012 at 03:19 PM

Clear and warm ... hmm. It's hard to describe sound. Does yours sound like on that video? Aside from the bad playing, it sounds not so much metallic as buzzy. If your oud sounds too buzzy, look up (in this forum) how to raise the action, I described it in detail as recently as last week. If the strings are new and well-made, and they don't have to be expensive, and if the fingerboard is level, you should be able to get a wide range of timbres. Adjusting the action is very important, there's a fine line between a clear and rich sound, and also how comfortable it is to play.

Go To Top