Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for Oud in Leeds
Ahmed The 3rd
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 6-30-2012 at 08:18 PM
Looking for Oud in Leeds

Hi all,

I live in Leeds, UK and want to buy an Oud. I am beginner and have no idea how to choose or from where to buy. Anyway, while surfing the net I found this one:

http://www.earlymusicshop.com/product.aspx/en-GB/1002740-ems-oud

Do you guys recommend it?
abusin
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ya Fuadi La Tasal

[*] posted on 7-1-2012 at 04:29 AM
Dr. M Mussa Ouds

Salam Ahmed,

You can check Dr. M Mussa, he is a well known oud lutheir and based in Barnsley which is not far from where you're.
Dr Mussa was part of EMS (Early Music Shop) and some of the ouds sold there are his, check the link below for his contact details
good luck, you can search these forums for Dr Mussa ouds sold to forum members and see feedback posted in regards to the quality of his ouds.

Dr. M Mussa Ouds

Best Regards

Awad
Giorgioud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oudbsessed

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 02:56 AM

Ahmed, there might be an oud in London available: I have already talked about it with another guy here on the forum who was looking for an oud in Europe, so I will copy what I wrote him verbatim. Actually it's the secound oud I bought from the guy who's selling, several months ago I bought another Fathy from him which really is a work of art. But please read what I wrote elsewhere on this forum:
"I have a tip for you: about three weeks ago I bought an oud from a guy in London: a Fathy Amin floating bridge which is a beauty. Really wonderful, and I paid £350 for it (less than 500 Euros). He had an almost identical one, and this one too was a wonder to behold: I couldn't make my mind up as to which one to buy, and I spent about four hours playing from one oud to the other. Eventually I picked the one which has a slightly lower action and it's more suitable to my small fingers. The other one has an infinitesimally higher action, but it's still very comfortable to play and it's really loud. You might want to check it out, if he still has it I think it would be a brilliant deal. Fathy Amin is one of the two reputable luthiers left in Egypt (the other is Maurice Shehata), loads of established oudists play it (from Farid Al-Atrache to Ahmed Fathy to Abbadi Al-Johar, etc. etc.) and the feedback from people is generally very positive. The guy who has the oud is not really into sending it around, but maybe you can work something out with him, if you contact him. Here's the thread:
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=12905
Good luck!
Ahmed The 3rd
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 08:33 AM

Thanks guys for your help, I just ordered a Syrian Oud By Ibrahim Sukar

Hopefully will receive it soon.

Go To Top