Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

thumbup.gif posted on 7-10-2012 at 11:54 PM
Fathi Amin Egyptian Oud

Hey

SOLD!

Fathi Amin Oud for Sale.
Pegs: Ebony, Bowel: Rosewood

For more details: http://www.arabinstruments.com/112730/Fathi-Amin-Egyptian-Professio...

We hope to have some sound sample soon.

Thanks

1A.jpg - 121kB

Arab Instrument
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-17-2012 at 08:22 PM

The first oud has been sold
There are another two ouds left of Fathi Amin

1) http://www.arabinstruments.com/112730/Fathi-Amin-Egyptian-Professio...

2) http://www.arabinstruments.com/112730/Fathi-Amin-Egyptian-Professio...

Thanks

a1.jpg - 124kB a2.jpg - 126kB

bibo10
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-18-2012 at 07:57 PM

i thought i was the worst out player ever till i heard this guy play

+++++++++++
Michael-GOD BLESS EGYPT
Arab Instrument
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 12:24 AM

Mr Bibo 10

You should learn how to behave on a forum and you can keep your insults to yourself

Giorgioud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oudbsessed

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 03:02 AM

Dear Bibo,
first and foremost, please be aware that I am not attacking you or criticising you, so please don't be offended and don't take it personally or in the wrong way, because it's not intended like that. I am just trying to explain, and maybe break a spear for the player involved.
it's quite easy to make assumptions judging by the surface, but there's also a need to analyse what's underneath: the player in question is a great oudists and he has a lot of feel for the instrument.
The videos you see were commissioned under a great deal of pressure, under a looming deadline, and they had to be played in a rush and without the obligatory warm-ups.
Every accomplished player does tons of warm-ups before starting to play, either for practice or for a concert. The oud is one of those instruments whose nature forces you to do warm-up exercises to limber up the wrist before playing anything at all.
The player in question was thrown at the deep end and had to deliver in the cold, so to speak. The expressions on his face at the end of some of the performances should be evident for all to see: he couldn't do his warm ups and he would have preferred to have more time to do more takes of the performance so that he could do better!
And also, having to play with a different oud every single time without having had the time to study its nuances, its physics, its nomenclature, its structure, its harmonics, all the things we take for granted when we play with the same oud all the times, well, not having the opportunity to have the time to experiment on every single instrument (and he's dealing with dozens and dozens of them, if not more than hundred), that's not an easy thing, and he does it admirably. The guy can definetly play, no doubt about that.
Moreover, the videos commissioned are dozens and dozens. He really had to work hard, in different days, at a short notice, in a rush, with a different instrument......it's a business he works in, and the reasons of commerce are not the same as the reasons of art......
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I am not putting yours down. I am respecting what you think and please note that I am not saying anything derogatory against you.
But I just want to explain that the oud player in question has some justifications. As far as I'm concernerd, I can see his talent, which is clear for all to notice, and I have learned a lot from his videos, which I come back to time and time again. His fluorishes are played always with gusto and fire, and he definetly has the tarab.
And I love how he manages to do so much with the 5-course Egyptian tuning, which confirms my theory that the Egyptian tuning is the best because it's always a challenge to play timeless melodies with a range of 2 octaves compared to the other tunings which have a three-octave range.......
Arab Instrument
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 07:50 PM

Hey

Sound sample is ready for this oud: http://www.arabinstruments.com/112730/Fathi-Amin-Egyptian-Professio...

Thanks

Wali Fard
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 10:50 PM

Hi AI,

Were these ouds produced by Fathi Amin or by his son, Sayed?

Thanks,

Wali
Arab Instrument
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 11:10 PM

Hey

By his son Sayed Fathi Amin !

Thanks

Giorgioud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oudbsessed

[*] posted on 7-20-2012 at 12:37 AM

What a beautiful sound! I am biased, but I love a Fathy!!

Go To Top