Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 1970 Der Bedrossian Oud for sale
Music
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-16-2012 at 09:00 PM
1970 Der Bedrossian Oud for sale

I really lucked into this, but I'm overwhelmed with guitar projects at this time and I just don't have the time or inclination to dedicate to a Oud. It really belongs with someone else who will appreciate it. I am going to err on the side of caution and buyer satisfaction and list this as a project instrument, so please factor that in to your needs. The embellishment is insane.

The action appears high (see pic, I'm not a Oud guy), there's a glued split on the soundboard and the pickguard is worn away from playing and the unfinished soundboard has some smudges. I know a loved instrument when I see one- somebody loved this thing at one point. It is in-situ from the moment I purchased it, save for a temporary nut fabricated to check action and tone and some strings.

Before it goes to ebay, I'm taking offers.
Really, that simple. If you want to make an offer, feel free. If you aren't comfortable with making an offer and nobody makes one that moves me, it will be put on auction and if interested, you can bid there.

Unfortunately, given the headaches I've endured with overseas deals in the past, I cannot ship this internationally but for those of you who have US based acquaintances on this forum, I will ship to them upon receipt of cleared payment and they can then forward it on to you at your expense.

Please ask any questions you may have, I will happily answer. I've been very deliberate in describing it, nothing is being concealed or understated but I'm not a Oud guy so it's being sold as-is, where is.

For payment, I accept US Postal money order which will be verified via the automated system. If you're in Chicagoland, you can pick up in person and pay cash, if you wish.

I am rarely here, so please do not send a private message via the system. Send offer to:

editor (at) FingerstyleGuitarists (dot) com
I'll give it 72 hours here (it is only listed here), then off to auction.
bulerias1981
Oud Junkie

Mood: John Vergara Luthier Lord of the Strings instrument making and repair

[*] posted on 7-17-2012 at 03:25 PM

Your e-mail is not working. I was of course wise enough not to put (at) and (dot), but still didn't work.

Music
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-17-2012 at 10:06 PM

Hi bulerias.
I have successfully received emails to that address about this ad from other people, but perhaps the server was having an issue when you tried.

If for whatever reason that email bounces, you can also reach me at

tortious1 (at) gmail (dot) com

Also, I just realized that for whatever reason, I had listed this as a 1969. The label reads Fabrique 1970, so that was originally in error.
bulerias1981
Oud Junkie

Mood: John Vergara Luthier Lord of the Strings instrument making and repair

[*] posted on 7-18-2012 at 10:17 AM

Please write me an e-mail so we can communicate

Music
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-18-2012 at 12:42 PM

Email sent.
Music
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-18-2012 at 06:55 PM

No real decisive communication thus far, so it's been put on auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150860521893...

If anyone here is interested, you're more than welcome to bid.

Go To Top