Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New built Oud for sale
Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-30-2012 at 09:11 AM
New built Oud for sale

Hi Oud-friends

Does anybody have interest in a brandnew Oud ?
Made by myself in my own workshop with my own design of body, top and bracing-pattern... the whole instrument is my own design.
Whole body made of mahogany with light maple lines between the ribs.
The mirror made of flamed maple with inlay (the first letters of my name in old german "Sütterlin" scribing).
String length is 600mm,
top made of fine european spruce,
neck Cedrela with mahogany layed on, matching the design of the body,
pegbox made of fine maple with mahogany layed on, too.
The rosettes made of laminated birds eye maple with my hand-drawn (and sawn) flying bird design.
Pegs made of ebony with mop circles on the top of the head, nut is bleached bone, the bridge is walnut.
Fingerboard and beard ebony
The end-cap of the pegbox is ebony with inlayed circle of mop.
Whole instrument is french polished, top is sealed with a few very thin layers of thinned shellaque, silky shining finish (with the finest steelwool available)
The instrument is almost ready-built, just a hand of pegs have to be finished. I´ll take Kürschner arabic strings for the first tuning.
The action will be about 3mm at the neck-body junktion and 0,9mm at the nut.

Feel free to have a look at my page http://www.oud-werkstatt.de for some pics of the instrument and to get in contact, if you want.

If anybody looks for an Oud completely made by hand, here you are ! :-)

Any questions and suggestions are welcome ! Sound-sample follows... soon !

Kind regards

Fritz

Music is the food for the soul
Giorgioud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oudbsessed

[*] posted on 7-30-2012 at 11:37 AM

Aaaah man, I must say that your ouds are real beauties! The details and the finishing are great. I just know they are going to sound great. Please do provide somew sound samples for our aural pleasure....I wish I could buy one (my favourite is the single-rosette last one in the gallery), but I have bought an oud a few weeks ago, so I'm completely skint at the moment!!! :( Bah!!! Anyway, good luck with the sale.....
stos
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-30-2012 at 12:32 PM

hello!

nice ouds! could you tell us maybe the price of this ready oud?

thanks
Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 11:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Giorgioud  
Aaaah man, I must say that your ouds are real beauties! The details and the finishing are great. I just know they are going to sound great. Please do provide somew sound samples for our aural pleasure....I wish I could buy one (my favourite is the single-rosette last one in the gallery), but I have bought an oud a few weeks ago, so I'm completely skint at the moment!!! :( Bah!!! Anyway, good luck with the sale.....

Hi Giorgioud

Many many thanks for these nice compliments about my work :-)
I pay really much time detailing and finishing... patience is the thing succeeding in a good result :-)

I´ll try to make sound samples asap to post them here.

The last finished oud on my page is made of 14 years old cherry wood and handmade contrasting lines between the ribs on every part of the Oud. A lot of work before starting building the bowl and the other parts. This instrument is now in Austria, already sold :-))

What kind of oud have you bought ? Who was the maker ?

I think I´ll have to type the text of my page in english, too... because perhaps the site is interesting for many other peoble in many other countries... it seams so :-)

Best wishes to You
and kind regards

Fritz

fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 12:39 PM

Exceptional workmanship, Fritz! Beautiful!
Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 08:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fernandraynaud  
Exceptional workmanship, Fritz! Beautiful!

Thanks a lot fernandraynaud :)

Giorgioud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 03:51 AM

Fritz,
yes, you should translate the whole website to English, there are so many oud enthusiasts all over the world who would jump at the chance of buying your ouds. I think you are going to become an established name in no time. One can see that a lot of work and thought goes in those ouds.
Me, I have bought a floating-bridge Fathy Amin for £350 English Pounds, the equivalent of maybe 500 Euros. It was a good opportunity, it was in London (close to where I live), and I needed a floating bridge oud for the High Arabic tuning with the high ff. As you know better than me, good ouds are an investment.
But man, get the page translated and some sound samples, even better videos. You'll have dozens orders in no time, I guarantee you! Especially in Europe, where there's not an overt abundance of good oud makers........
Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-4-2012 at 01:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Giorgioud  
Fritz,
yes, you should translate the whole website to English, there are so many oud enthusiasts all over the world who would jump at the chance of buying your ouds. I think you are going to become an established name in no time. One can see that a lot of work and thought goes in those ouds.
Me, I have bought a floating-bridge Fathy Amin for £350 English Pounds, the equivalent of maybe 500 Euros. It was a good opportunity, it was in London (close to where I live), and I needed a floating bridge oud for the High Arabic tuning with the high ff. As you know better than me, good ouds are an investment.
But man, get the page translated and some sound samples, even better videos. You'll have dozens orders in no time, I guarantee you! Especially in Europe, where there's not an overt abundance of good oud makers........

Hi Giorgioud :)

Again I see Your nice comments. It would be great to get in contact with Oud-players, learning from their wishes and opinions. That´s the thing I haven´t had at any time. In a few weeks a very popular iraqi Oud-Master will get one of my new Ouds (perhaps two...) to make a small session playing it (them).... and then I´m regarding for his reason if he likes them or not. What is a good Oud if nobody likes it... You know what I mean :shrug:

Soon I´ll do my very best to transalte the essence of my site for those who are interested in really handmade ouds. The mahogany-Oud is completed, with bone-saddle and the new strings I decided to try : Kürschner Arabic Classic. It sounds very good, much sustain, though the strings haven´t set... they are fresh... This Oud might be a very good instrument, but in fact there are many differences in loving the sond from one player to another ... we´ll have to wait for sound-samples.

I´ll allways make extraordinary ouds... far away from the mass-produced cheap instruments available on ebay p.e. , and allway I´ll only build special Ouds with special xtras for special people :))

That´s my way... and I think... the only and right way for me.

Let´s stay in contact... and soon I´ll have a new site on the web, with much better structure and details, more info about every single Oud ...if just building or just completed.

The best wishes

Fritz

Giorgioud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 08:30 AM

Fritz,
I'm gonna send you a U2U just to know the prices of the ouds on display......just out of curiosity and to quote them to whoever I'll encounter in the future who might be interested in acquiring a gorgeous oud........
Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-6-2012 at 08:18 AM

Hey Giorgioud

Yes... make it, and we´ll see if it "works" :-) I hope my ouds are good enough to hold stand with the common wellknown makers. I do not want to "live" by selling Ouds... there is the difference... I want to make Ouds, the others MUST make ouds !

It would be very nice to know my Ouds are played on stage or something like this... a good instrument dies, when it isn´t played ! What does it make for a sense, when I build Ouds one after another, when they aren´t played. Hanging on the wall ? No no...

I need to build Ouds... it´s my relax...

Fritz :-)

Go To Top