Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shipping & customs to Arab countries
conroystoptime
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 07:45 AM
Shipping & customs to Arab countries

Hi,

Can those of you who have shipped ouds internationally (specifically from the United States to Saudi) offer any advice about doing so?

Another Mike's member has expressed interest in an oud of mine. http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=13199

I'd like to sell to him, but is there anything I should warn him about in terms of shipping costs and customs waiting time? I am guessing the shipping costs will range up to $250 or $300.

How have those of you who have done this handled the final price?

Do you pack the oud, bring it to a shipper, get a final shipping price, then inform the buyer of the total (cost of instrument + shipping costs)?

Any advice is kindly appreciated.

Thanks

Josh
Jason
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving my oud

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 02:06 PM

He'll likely know more about the customs process in his country than you will. The export process from the United States usually doesn't take very long. The import step is where things usually take a long time. He'll probably have an idea how long the Saudi government usually takes.

You can pack the instrument and use the weight and measurements to get a shipping price on UPS or USPS.

Obviously the buyer would be responsible for any final import taxes.

Just using some rough estimates it looks like it would be around $100 to ship it with USPS with express mail.

Go To Top