Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I need help!
Abz345
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 8-16-2012 at 06:15 PM
I need help!

Hello,
I would like to ask for help, I have a talent show that requires an act between 3-5 minutes and I'd love to audition with a oud solo.

My skills are in between intermediate and advanced but I can learn and develop skills very quickly.

I'd like to ask, what piece do you recommend me to play? (has to be 3-5 minutes)
DoggerelPundit
Oud Junkie

Mood: Odar

[*] posted on 8-16-2012 at 10:19 PM

Hi Abz345, and welcome to the forum.

I would recommend 3 to 5 minutes of intermediate to advanced playing of taqsim and song in your favorite and best known maqam. Hard to go wrong that way.

-Stephen
spyblaster
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-17-2012 at 12:01 AM

where are the audition from? taqsim can be boring for western ppl. i suggest u a rhythmic piece. if ur audition is not familiar with oriental music, andalusian style can be good. sth like malaguena or Naseer's From Assiria to Sevilla. if your audition is familiar with oriental music, i suggest Naseer's Horse Dance, Munir's Flying bird, Longa Sultan etc. impress ur audition with ur technic and speed. :xtreme::xtreme::xtreme:

The Oud is my life, n my life is the Oud
Abz345
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 8-17-2012 at 07:36 AM

My audition is in Ireland, so if there's something that starts somewhat slow and goes into something relatively fast that'd be great I need a piece with alot of variety aswell
spyblaster
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 12:46 AM

yea it could be nice but im afraid 3-5 mins is a little too short for that. i would choose a fast piece and make a short improvisation in it's scale b4 start playin' the piece in such a situation.

The Oud is my life, n my life is the Oud

Go To Top