Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hearts of Gold - Master Cengiz and Veysel Sarikus - Arabic Oud
JT83
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-14-2012 at 08:05 AM
Hearts of Gold - Master Cengiz and Veysel Sarikus - Arabic Oud

Hi Guys,

Its been a while since Ive posted on these forums, but wanted to let you know how happy I am with my Oud from Veysel Sarikus and Master Cengiz Sarikus and share a little story with you.

They are amazing people and their spirit and kindness is overwhelming. I now have 3 JT Signature Series ouds from them and each one is more amazing than the next. Master Cengiz has a great understanding of acoustics and sound properties (I think from repairing all those Manols and Nahats and all the old ouds that have come their way, their shop is a museum!) and he and Veysel are constantly striving to create a work of art. They are generous and wonderful people and I consider them family.

Recently, on my last trip to Istanbul to pick up my new oud, Master Cengiz and Veysel had a suprise for me. They knew my Mother was sick with cancer, and when I arrived (even though the oud had been finished and they had sent me photos) Master Cengiz had managed to engrave (with great skill) my Mothers name "Rose" and a flower on the back of the pegbox in Mother of Pearl. All out of the goodness of their hearts.

On my arrival back home, I spent one day with my Mother before she lost her battle with cancer, but she saw her name on the oud and managed a smile, she held the oud and there was a glow in her eyes. I will never forget this moment and the kindness of the Sarikus'...I can see my Mothers name all the time when Im performing.

If you are looking for an amazing oud, with a beautiful soul and sound, I highly recommend Master Cengiz and Master Veysel Sarikus. Their hearts are in it, they work with love and I can not describe in words how wonderful they are. I will forever be grateful to them.

I have attached photos of the new oud, including the back of the pegbox with "Rose" on it.

I hope you guys are all well and playing in good health...

Sincerely,

JT

JT Signature Series Oud Here - http://www.josephtawadros.com/oud.html
IMG_0389.PNG - 373kB
JT83
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-14-2012 at 08:14 AM

Photo 2

Pegbox.JPG - 37kB
JT83
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-14-2012 at 08:16 AM

photo 3

soundboard.JPG - 58kB
JT83
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-14-2012 at 08:18 AM

Photo 4 - Bowl - Wenge, Pomelle, Paduk

bowl.JPG - 164kB
Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 9-14-2012 at 11:53 PM

Our deepest condolences for the loss of the lady who had given birth to such wonderful musicians & humans. May she rest in peace along-with the veracious & the faithful believers.
This piece of art is a great Turkish oud of a great Turkish luthier. May you play it in good health & know no more sorrow ever.

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

alfarabymusic@gmail.com
dkhoury35
Oud Junkie

Mood: IM IN THE M-OUD

[*] posted on 9-15-2012 at 04:51 AM

sorry to here about your mother josef our hearts are with you all in this hard time but just remember that she is in heaven now listening to you playing this oud and smiling down on you her blessings and love !!!!!! may the mother of lord jesus christ be with her and all of you
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 9-15-2012 at 05:52 AM

My deepest condolences Joe. I am deeply sorry for hearing your mother's demise.

She is in the heaven and is elated for having given birth to you and the other children of hers. May God bless her soul and confer all the goodness to her.

Your Friend
Faruk Türünz

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Giorgioud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oudbsessed

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 05:32 AM

I am sorry to hear about your loss, Joseph. I have lost my mum myself 5 months ago due to an aneurysm so when I read your story regarding the oud it kind of chocked me a bit, I must admit.
If it's any consolation, I truly believe that mum is still around me in spirit and looking after me and sending me advice through unexplicable media, and I am sure it is the same for you.
Moreover, I am confident you will realise (hands down you know it already) that music is the greatest healer of them all, and when (note I say "when" and not "if") you will, like an alchemist, transmute the immense grief you are feeling into musical matter, your unbelieveable virtuosity will be even better, if it's possible to imagine that!
Peace and support, brother in oud
Giorgio Curcetti
animalwithin
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-24-2012 at 04:11 PM

My condolences my friend, may she rest in peace. Hang in there, stay strong, and keep playing that oud! Music is incredibly healing so play away!

Go To Top