Shipping in Europe

Music is the food for the soul
fadel
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-1-2012 at 05:20 AM

hi

nice work my friend

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-7-2012 at 11:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fadel  
hi

nice work my friend

Hi Fadel

Thanks a lot for your response :-)

The next oud in arabic style is almost completed, built of mahogany and cherry, nice combination of the features of the woods...

Greetings

Fritz

youssr
Oud Lover

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 10-7-2012 at 11:46 PM

Hi Fritz,
Can you post a soundclip of your production and how much it costs to ship in Europe?
Thanks
fadel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-8-2012 at 05:32 AM

Hi my friend
your work is nice i liket
i try to bay oud from u but your prisc to ex for my
relly i like your work
good luck
thank

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-9-2012 at 12:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by youssr  
Hi Fritz,
Can you post a soundclip of your production and how much it costs to ship in Europe?
Thanks

Hi Youssr

Nice to see you´re interested... I,ll send a file with some sounds of this Oud to your e-mail address if you note it in a U2U...
Also I´ll write a U2U...

The costs of shipping in Europe may reach about 20 - 30 Euro...

Kind regards

Fritz

Marcus
Oud Junkie

Mood: Lost in music

[*] posted on 10-9-2012 at 08:55 PM

Hi Fritz :wavey:

why dont you post the soundfiles here?
I`d love to hear how your beautys sound like.

Greets from the south,

Marcus

Playing the oud is like feeding my soul with peace
Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 11:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Marcus  
Hi Fritz :wavey:

why dont you post the soundfiles here?
I`d love to hear how your beautys sound like.

Greets from the south,

Marcus

Hi Marcus...

The reason not to post the sound is easy... I´m not really a good Oud-player... there are only the strings played open and a try of a short melody... perhaps I´ll have some better samples soon from an iraqui (famous) Oud-player living in Germany... than one can really hear the sound while played by a prof.

You understand ? :shrug:

Otherwise it is nice to see interested players who really wants to have a sample of the sound... if there are some, they will ask for. And they´ve done yet :)

Kind regards

Fritz

Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 02:56 PM

Hi folks...

Does no one have real interest on this described oud made of mahogany ?

I wonder what might be wrong with it... there isn´t anything wrong !

In special case I´ll reduce the price a bit...

Anyone ?

The oud is worth to be played... and it´ll be sad if I have to hang it on the wall...

Fritz

animalwithin
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 04:02 PM

Hi Fritz! First let me say that your ouds are incredible, the craftsmanship is amazing! Speaking for me personally, the price is very high. I'm not saying your ouds are not worth that much, but for me I saw a 1700 euro price tag and went away. Thats very expensive for me, just my opinion! Keep up the great work!
fadel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 03:23 AM

hi

i try to buy oud from u but price to expensive for my

I am serious to buy

u r new maker and u ask 1700 euro

i order from dimitris 1200 euro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ft-0K-DIQ&list=FLFLL1G_211BWM9...

I want to help but u dont giv my chance

sorry my friend

thank

Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 11:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by animalwithin  
Hi Fritz! First let me say that your ouds are incredible, the craftsmanship is amazing! Speaking for me personally, the price is very high. I'm not saying your ouds are not worth that much, but for me I saw a 1700 euro price tag and went away. Thats very expensive for me, just my opinion! Keep up the great work!

Hi animal :)

Thanks for those words... it´s importatnt for me to hear what the people think about my work, my ouds... and ofcourse the price.
I always do my very best to create a very fine instrument far away from the standard...
Some people tell me not to sell my instruments too cheap... and they might be right. Ofcourse I´m not known as much as someone with a nice-sounding name in Oudmaking, but the instruments are worth much more... they said this !

What do You mean I can ask for ?
With other words, what would you pay for an instrument like the one of mahogany ?

Thanks for Your honest opinion... great !

Kind regards

Fritz

Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 12:05 PM

hi

i try to buy oud from u but price to expensive for my

I am serious to buy

u r new maker and u ask 1700 euro

i order from dimitris 1200 euro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ft-0K-DIQ&list=FLFLL1G_211BWM9...

I want to help but u dont giv my chance

sorry my friend

thank

Hi Fadel

Sorry if I had "forgotten" to answer especially your posting...

I know You already asked me for the price of the oud and for shipping to SaudiArabia... I thought it was a joke... because You are at the "source" of the oud... and I couldn´t really imagine an interest from you for an instrument built from a german native.

If I´m wrong, excuse me please.

Greetings

Fritz

fadel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 12:11 PM

hi

my friend relly I like your work

I mean I want to hear your oud sound

The most important thing is the sound

if I donet like the sound

I am with you i like oud and new maker

i try to buy oud from u but $$$$

sorry my friend and good luk

thank

Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 12:12 PM

Hi Fritz,

Your workmanship looks great on these ouds. We need more good luthiers building Arabic-style ouds.

That said, you are an unknown maker with nothing that would give someone the confidence to risk that much money on a completely unknown instrument.

People are comfortable spending over $2000 on Faruk Turunz's ouds, for example, because he is well-known and they have heard his ouds (either in person, or being played by well-known musicians, or both) and the feel they know what they are getting.

Many skilled craftsmen can make beautiful-looking ouds, but very very few are able to produce a superior and authentic sound.

Rest assured, that if your ouds are worth that much and you are persistent, people will be happy to pay that much for your ouds once they have heard them.

If I may make a suggestion, you would be best served by trying to get your ouds into the hands of some great well-known players who will demonstrate what they are capable of. This is the approach of many luthiers--find professional musicians who like your work and have them endorse it, usually in exchange for a heavily discounted instrument.

good luck,
Brian

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 12:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Fritz  

I know You already asked me for the price of the oud and for shipping to SaudiArabia... I thought it was a joke... because You are at the "source" of the oud... and I couldn´t really imagine an interest from you for an instrument built from a german native.

Fritz

You might be surprised. Saudi Arabia is not really a big "source" for ouds. The traditional sources are Syria, Lebanon and Egypt (for Arabic ouds), although there are good makers in Tunisia and Morocco as well. It is often difficult to get professional-grade ouds, even in the middle east. I have myself been surprised at the number of musicians I have met from Arab countries who were playing Turkish ouds because they couldn't find a professional-level instrument made more locally.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
fadel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 01:35 PM

hi

ok my friend no problem

I will buy oud one day my friend

thank

animalwithin
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 04:15 PM

Thanks for those words... it´s importatnt for me to hear what the people think about my work, my ouds... and ofcourse the price.
I always do my very best to create a very fine instrument far away from the standard...
Some people tell me not to sell my instruments too cheap... and they might be right. Ofcourse I´m not known as much as someone with a nice-sounding name in Oudmaking, but the instruments are worth much more... they said this !

With other words, what would you pay for an instrument like the one of mahogany ?

Kind regards

Fritz

Hi Fritz:

I'm actually in the market for an Oud. I origionally went to Dimitris and asked him for a quote and he quoted me ~1300 for a Turkish oud and ~1700 for an inlaid Bashir/Iraqi oud with the woods of my choice. Im probably going to get a Turkish oud from him as nobody Ive talked to has beaten his price and he offers many different, unique woods. His instruments are also played by many, some world class oudists.

Again, to reiterate, your ouds are incredible and the workmanship is astounding. If you were offering a custom oud for 1300 euro, I'd probably purchase one from you as that is closer to my price rage and you are in Europe so shipping to U.S. will be a little smoother. :)
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 04:23 PM

Fritz, may I suggest that if you have basic right hand technique and know how to make a proper downward stroke on a pair of oud strings that you make a simple recording of slowly playing each course open from top to bottom and then up again. Then you can play a c major scale in two octaves, slowly. Don't worry about maqam microtones or fancy playing. Then play the pitches of Nahawand, or just any version of a minor scale. If you can play a little bit faster as well, it gives an idea about sustain, and separation of tones. If you post this recording somewhere and provide a link here to this oud forum I think everyone will understand you are not pretending to be an accomplished oud player but only demonstrating the sound of your instrument, This is enough to convey the basic voice of your oud. Of course, Brian's suggestion is better, but in the absence of a skilled player, this will suffice.
Good luck!
Jody
Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Brian Prunka  

Fritz

You might be surprised. Saudi Arabia is not really a big "source" for ouds. The traditional sources are Syria, Lebanon and Egypt (for Arabic ouds), although there are good makers in Tunisia and Morocco as well. It is often difficult to get professional-grade ouds, even in the middle east. I have myself been surprised at the number of musicians I have met from Arab countries who were playing Turkish ouds because they couldn't find a professional-level instrument made more locally.

Hello Brian !
Yes, I´m really surprised... I thought of the "short" distances between the countries make it easy to get a fine instrument for people who live there. I know of some good makers of Ouds in Marokko and Tunesia... but I really didn´t know that it is "difficult" for those who live there to get a good arabic Oud... and I know some egyptian makers wich aren´t able to make a good real arabic sounding instrument. Perhaps... and I heared from... the arabic players like the turkish sounding ouds and often try to get more a turkish Oud than an arabic one.
I really try to make very very good arabic instruments, in qualitiy of making and in sound. One can see it on my pics (website) in the results. I see, I have much to learn on the oud"market" and about the abilty to get a good instrument.
Your words are honest, that´s great, keep on exactly as you did now :)

Kind regards

Fritz

Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 11:28 AM

hi

ok my friend no problem

I will buy oud one day my friend

thank

Hi Fadel
May be sometimes you´ll find a way to get a good Oud, if it´s of my workshop or from another... but you´re right... the thing is the sound ! I wish I could play the Oud better as I can... you would have a sound sample to hear how my instruments sound like.

I hope, all is going right and I´ll get some samples of the sound in midi and for YouTube...

Thanks for the good wishes... I need them :)

Fritz

Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 11:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Jody Stecher  
Fritz, may I suggest that if you have basic right hand technique and know how to make a proper downward stroke on a pair of oud strings that you make a simple recording of slowly playing each course open from top to bottom and then up again. Then you can play a c major scale in two octaves, slowly. Don't worry about maqam microtones or fancy playing. Then play the pitches of Nahawand, or just any version of a minor scale. If you can play a little bit faster as well, it gives an idea about sustain, and separation of tones. If you post this recording somewhere and provide a link here to this oud forum I think everyone will understand you are not pretending to be an accomplished oud player but only demonstrating the sound of your instrument, This is enough to convey the basic voice of your oud. Of course, Brian's suggestion is better, but in the absence of a skilled player, this will suffice.
Good luck!
Jody

Hi Jody ! :)

Some time ago we were in contact, but after a few mails (including one with a sound file) I couldn´t send you a further mail... no one has reached You !

Playing finest flamenco-guitars over many years made my hands flexible and fast... but the change to a risha is a new world for me... It isn´t difficult to change, to make the new moves with the right hand, and I can "produce" some sounds... trying to play some pieces, but it´s difficult for me to concentrate on the moving, and to stroke always the right course... but I try every day...

The sound-sample I made was like you suggest... firts only the open strings from low to high... than a short melody created in my head... One can really hear the sound iof the oud, and that´s what I (and others) need.
As I´ll post in the answer for Brian´s second posting for me, I´ll soon give an instrument in the hands of one of the best-known iraqui Oud-players living in Germany. He will play the Oud made of maple and walnut with the fine pegs and the rosette in special design. A friend of mine is the owner of this oud (and of another from my workshop) and will bring the Oud to him to play some pieces... perhaps soon they will be seen on YouTube.
That´s the best I can do...

Let´s stay in contact, hm ?

Best wishes

Fritz

Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 11:52 AM

Kind regards

Fritz

Hi Fritz:

I'm actually in the market for an Oud. I origionally went to Dimitris and asked him for a quote and he quoted me ~1300 for a Turkish oud and ~1700 for an inlaid Bashir/Iraqi oud with the woods of my choice. Im probably going to get a Turkish oud from him as nobody Ive talked to has beaten his price and he offers many different, unique woods. His instruments are also played by many, some world class oudists.

Again, to reiterate, your ouds are incredible and the workmanship is astounding. If you were offering a custom oud for 1300 euro, I'd probably purchase one from you as that is closer to my price rage and you are in Europe so shipping to U.S. will be a little smoother. :)

Hi again

Ofcourse I´ll make ouds with wood choosen by the new owner of an oud. On my site you can see the cherry-Oud, the Oud of maple and walnut, and the oud made totally of walnut, all them are custom made Ouds... special wishes of the customer. Only the cherry Oud was higher in price, but the others haven´t been as expensive as the most Ouds available... and I mean good Ouds !
Probably I can reduce the price-range, but in Germany all is very expensive ( but not my work for others in the job ). To get fine woods is difficult and extraordinary expensive, overproportional expensive ! But I do my very best to get fine woods and make good instruments of it.

Keep on looking to my instruments, and I think, that´s worth enough to stay in contact.

Many greetings

Fritz

Fritz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 12:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Brian Prunka  
Hi Fritz,

Your workmanship looks great on these ouds. We need more good luthiers building Arabic-style ouds.

That said, you are an unknown maker with nothing that would give someone the confidence to risk that much money on a completely unknown instrument.

People are comfortable spending over $2000 on Faruk Turunz's ouds, for example, because he is well-known and they have heard his ouds (either in person, or being played by well-known musicians, or both) and the feel they know what they are getting.

Many skilled craftsmen can make beautiful-looking ouds, but very very few are able to produce a superior and authentic sound.

Rest assured, that if your ouds are worth that much and you are persistent, people will be happy to pay that much for your ouds once they have heard them.

If I may make a suggestion, you would be best served by trying to get your ouds into the hands of some great well-known players who will demonstrate what they are capable of. This is the approach of many luthiers--find professional musicians who like your work and have them endorse it, usually in exchange for a heavily discounted instrument.

good luck,
Brian

Hi again, Brian

Just a few words ... :)

I know it... I´m unknown...and so it´s difficult to impress with the things I do... unable to reach the people directly and to show my instruments. The sound is difficult to create... someone likes this, and someone likes another... it is very personally. So it depends on the wood and the construction, the measurements and ofcourse the skill of my hands...

Your suggestion is exactly the right thing... May be in November I´ll give some Ouds to a welknown Oudplayer living in Germany to make some samples and vids... perhaps some are good for YouTube. I´ve to wait much time because I always have no money... I can´t travel to players, I can´t travel to sessions... nothing. I´m always working but nothing is possible for me... no money left after paying the things one has to pay...

Perhaps with the Oud-making some things are going to be better... I hope so... because oud-making is the thing I need.. I "must" do it... it is my passion... And the best for me is to give pleasure to others with my instruments...

But soon a wellknown player will play my Ouds... I´m very exited for the results... and then the comments :-) of people looking for a good instrument.

Best wishes

Fritz

Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 05:12 PM

Hi Fritz,
check your U2U. I've left you a message there.
best wishes,
jody
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top