Printable Version  
Author: Subject: questions about Istanbul
michoud
Oud Junkie

Mood: in the mooud again..

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 01:27 PM
questions about Istanbul

Hi folks!
I´ll be in Istanbul 4 days before my trip to Iran.
So I would like to have some help to know places that maybe are important to visit, of course talking about turkish music and specially oud (music shops, places where I can see a concert... I don´t know everything related with music)
Also is there any good book shop where I can find maybe good books about othman music (history, musical instruments, maybe old drawings...) books about traditional musical instruments... any interesting book about oud, music sheets... well I think you know what kind of things I´m looking for.
Also I´ll try to visit Cengiz Sarikus workshop... Faruk worshop...
Thanks!

farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 02:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by michoud  
Hi folks!
I´ll be in Istanbul 4 days before my trip to Iran.
So I would like to have some help to know places that maybe are important to visit, of course talking about turkish music and specially oud (music shops, places where I can see a concert... I don´t know everything related with music)
Also is there any good book shop where I can find maybe good books about othman music (history, musical instruments, maybe old drawings...) books about traditional musical instruments... any interesting book about oud, music sheets... well I think you know what kind of things I´m looking for.

Also I´ll try to visit Cengiz Sarikus workshop... Faruk worshop...
Thanks!

Hi michoud,

What time are going to arrive in Istanbul? I need to know about your schedule and according to your staying dates maybe I could propose some concerts to attend.
As for your visit to my place, I would be very happy to meet one of my Forums friend . Please note my location and contact info and please call me before coming to my workshop so that let me give you the direction. Please find all info here : http://www.oudmaster.com/contact.aspx?lang=2

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
michoud
Oud Junkie

Mood: in the mooud again..

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 09:12 PM

Dear Ustaz Faruk
Thanks for you answer and I´ll be very happy to meet you and see your workshop and unbelievable ouds.
I´ll arrive on sunday (tomorrow) 15:30h in Istanbul, and I think I´ll be there until wednesday or thursday, probably thursday but I don´t know yet.
Do you know anything about the questions of books I asked before?
Thanks again and hope to see you very soon!
Michel

Edward Powell
Oud Junkie

Mood: g'oud

[*] posted on 11-3-2012 at 12:17 AM

A visit to Faruk's place should be at the top of your list for sure!
I would also recommend visiting Ramazan's workshop - I wasn't there for 4 years or so, but that always was a place with a continuous stream of oud players of all types passing thru and hanging around.

You can also go to Yildiz University everyday to listen to the Yildiz classical music group rehearse and probably have a chance to meet there Necati and Yurdal... I think they start at 11.30, and it is open to the public (music lovers only!).

Otherwise of course you want to hang around Tunel where are the "normal" music shops are located....

farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 11-3-2012 at 10:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by michoud  
Dear Ustaz Faruk
Thanks for you answer and I´ll be very happy to meet you and see your workshop and unbelievable ouds.
I´ll arrive on sunday (tomorrow) 15:30h in Istanbul, and I think I´ll be there until wednesday or thursday, probably thursday but I don´t know yet.
Do you know anything about the questions of books I asked before?
Thanks again and hope to see you very soon!
Michel

Hi Michel! Please keep in mind that we are on sale and your staying period in İstanbul coincide with our special sale dates.

Regards...

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top