Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Turkish oud, 1904
Liuteria di insieme
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-11-2012 at 08:44 AM

Hi,
@Luttgutt the string lenght is as posted, I double checked on the photod and everything works, can you tell me wich dimension doesn't work for you?

@reminore here is another shot taken on the left, I hope is good enough

[file]25095[/file]
Luttgutt
Oud Junkie

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 12-11-2012 at 09:27 AM

Hi again Stefano and thanks for your reply!

It is just that I mesured the string length on picture number 2 from left, and it mesured exactly 3 times more then the fingerbord.

But the picture might be taken at a slight angle that makes that difference, I can't tell...

Well the oud is in your hands.. and it is only you that can mesure it directly:-)

so the mistary continues...

The wood might be dead, but the oud is alive.
jdowning
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-11-2012 at 11:50 AM

Measuring directly from image #2, using draughtsman dividers, the front edge of the nut to the neck joint distance is not 1/3 string length - 3X the fingerboard length is not even the distance from the front edge of the nut to the front edge of the bridge let alone to the front edge of the bridge tie block.
This agrees more or less with Stefano's exact full size measurements if some slight allowance is made for underestimating the lengths due to optical distortions inherent in the image - not only the perspective distortion but also barrel distortion.

Also there may, of course, be some potential loss of accuracy when working with a reduced scale, lower resolution image.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top