Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MASTER PIECE OF WORK
THE GUY FROM THE PAST
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-13-2012 at 11:39 AM
MASTER PIECE OF WORK

DEAR ALL
I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS INVALUABLE FORUM FOR A WHILE AS A READER BUT IT IS THE FIRST TIME FOR ME TO SUBSCRIBE AND INITIATE AN ACTIVITY. WITH THE ADVENT OF CHRISTMAS AND THE NEW YEAR I WOULD LIKE TO PASS MY SEASONS GREETINGS AND BEST WISHES TO EVER BODY AND SHARE WITH YOU A MASTER PIECE OF WORK BY SOMEONE YOU MAY HAVE KNOWN OR HEARD OF FOR LONG AS A UNIQUE LUTHIER BUT NOT AS A MAGNIFICENT COMPOSER
HAVE A LISTEN AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l_wr0L...
nile pirate
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 04:05 AM

"Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations."
—Quran, sura 3 (Ali-Imran), ayah 42[3]

thank you guy from the past for taking us back to the old golden age through michael moussa`s unprecedented breath- catching hymn, song or praise. the piece in its current simple form is amazing very deep, emtional and mystical. i will definitely contact michael to reproduce it as an orchestrated possibly with simple harmony and solo/choire performance
-:applause:
markus
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

thumbup.gif posted on 12-14-2012 at 12:55 PM

Welcome guy from the past, not necessarily old but definitely with a real taste and feel of music
This piece is haunting- I could not help but playing it again and again and every time I come up more of the subtle hidden art in it. It should be studied rather than simply heard
I would invite the capable members like JT, Adel salameh, Ameer(not overlooking others) to cast light on it and analyse it musically.
Bravo, bravo, bravo, chapeau Michael Moussa- I just tip my hat to your undiscovered, unadvertised talent
Can anyone help me with lyrics
The GrecoEgyptian Markus
THE GUY FROM THE PAST
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 11:13 AM

THANKS PIRATE AND GRECO-RGYPTIAN FOR YOUR KIND WELCOMING WORDS
REGARDING THE LYRICS OF THE SONG, THIS IS ANOTHER OF ASPECT OF MICHAEL MOUSSA`S ABILITY- HE JUST MADE MUSIC TO NON-RHYMIC STRAIGHT VERSES FROM THE BIBLE AND MANAGED TO COMPOSE IT AS A SONAT WITHOUT CLASHING BETWEEN MUSIC AND WORDIND-
HE MADE VERY FLUENT SMOOTH TRANSITION BETWEEN MAQAMS AND RHYTHMS WHICH SERVED THE EXPRESSION.
THE GUY FROM THE PAST
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 11:50 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful music.

But please please turn off the "caps lock" button on your computer . . . it makes for rather unpleasant reading.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
markus
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 12-21-2012 at 03:51 PM

Hello again
do you know which oud was used in the recording and who was the oudist- I do not think it is Michael( with all the due respect)
the Greco-Egyptian oudist
THE GUY FROM THE PAST
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-23-2012 at 03:29 PM

Sorry Brian for being a lazy dude keeping the caps lock on all the time
For the friends enquiring about the oud player, unfortunately it is not me. but I am not completely out of the game being the happy owner of this amazing instrument- It is one of Michael Moussa`s early work, made in 1992 that I have been pursuing for a while after watching Mustafa Said live taqssim on it- part of the session is available on U-tube

the course is 61.5, tuned FADGCF
soundboard mosqi
back coordinated shades of olive, labakh kaphor- all the woods are native Egyptian including
lemon pigs- I Ihave tried to upload fotos with no luck. Here are 2 links for the instrument:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=de2Aw42o...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HOEdNFzR...
Have all wonderful festive times

markus
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 12-25-2012 at 03:52 AM

Merry Christmas to all and may the new year bring love and peace to our unsettled countries
Back to your oud, Guy- it is 100% oriental, sounding like old Egyptian ouds particulaly those by khalil al Gohary and Rafla Kerazy, Iam very keen to have one of the sort if available
Can you tell us about the woods used- I have never come across these before with fotos of the back
Greco- Egyptian
THE GUY FROM THE PAST
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-25-2012 at 06:34 AM

Kalemera Grecoegyptian Markus
Michael Moussa called this oud the all Egyptian, as all the woods used were native Egyptian woods
The Labakh also called "the Chin Basha in Syria" is nothing but the Ficus tree- used abundantly in making knife handles, it is dark brown ith straight blakish grain
The kafoor is the Cinnamomum camphora orange-reddish oily wood with aroma
The mosqi is related to the western red pine, harder and drier than spruce but very porous and fibry

The oud is not displayed on: www.magicstrings .co.uk
As it was made years before the site was launched
I am trying to attach some fotos now
nile pirate
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 12-27-2012 at 02:13 PM

Congratulations Guy from the past
I am sure you deserve this authentic oud right from the past which one can seldom encounter these days. Looking forward to hear your own taqssim. I can only say that Mustafa Said is a beast, his improvisations are pure Egyptian especially with seekah baladi toward the end mot adultrated by the acrobatic technique . He has got a hidden sense of humour embeded in sarcastic his taqssim- but what made me really laugh is michael moussa acting as an old time metayebati saying ahsant ahsant!!!
the pirate

Go To Top