Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: why do people lie and cheat ?
dkhoury35
Oud Junkie

Mood: IM IN THE M-OUD

[*] posted on 12-20-2012 at 10:06 PM
why do people lie and cheat ?

My son has turned 9 this year and wanted to start to play the oud i was so proud to hear this i thought i would buy him a oud for christmas !!!!!! I saw this oud on ebay it is a turkish oud i thought it would be ideal because they are a bit smaller The add on ebay stated it was in used but in good condition and not damaged at all this seller said that it is very playable and action is good !!!!
To my horror and disappointment the oud arrived and was totally damaged and un playable the bowl has been broken and looks like it is a old brake. not just one brake on the bowl either !!!! the sound board has cracks all over it !! the pegbox has come off and been superglued crooked .. what a mess this oud is i cant believe people would put pictures of the oud with out damage and send somthing thats completely destroyed. why lie to people and cheat..
Now my poor son gets no christmas present thanks to a lieing and cheating greedy person
dkhoury35
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-21-2012 at 01:50 AM

This is the ebay seller be very careful and dont deal with him he is a lier ozcanaxoy332012
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 12-21-2012 at 03:10 AM

So sorry to hear the story. Be sure to report this in your feedback and ask ebay how to handle it. I know it won't fix Christmas, but you should get your money back. As to your question, clearly it's because they have an empty brain as well as an empty heart. People look at feedback and he will not easily ever sell anything on ebay again. Ebay has ways to try to detect sellers who change their names to keep cheating people.
jiggo
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-21-2012 at 05:02 AM

I know very well how Ebay behaves in such cases. They do nothing! I've lost some money because of cheaters like this.
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 12-21-2012 at 10:45 AM

Really?
dkhoury35
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-21-2012 at 06:44 PM

now he is telling me to resend it back to him at my expense and he will refund me 70% of purchase price so ill be out of pocket more than ive paid for the oud because shipping from australia costs a fortune
freya
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy in the mountains of WNC

[*] posted on 12-22-2012 at 05:29 AM

If you paid through paypal, my understanding is that if the item is returned because of inaccurate seller description, the seller - not the buyer - is responsible for paying return shipping. If you used paypal, file a case. If not, file a case with ebay anyway. I have found (as a frequent buyer and seller) that ebay/paypal will almost always judge in favor of the buyer.

reminore
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-23-2012 at 05:32 AM

ditto...

if the purchase was made using paypal, then you you will claim' item not as described', and you will be refunded your payment immediately...and then paypal will go after the seller. paypal is an ebay company - and works well. on the other hand, ebay cares very little about screening dishonest sellers (and buyers for that matter!). return the oud and good luck!
dkhoury35
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-23-2012 at 04:57 PM

WoW i still cant belive the generosity of the people on this forum !!!!!! Merry christmas to all and once again thanks Marina

Go To Top