Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mrs K Mowais
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 12-29-2012 at 07:49 AM
Mrs K Mowais

It always is good to see something about the master luthier Kamil Mowais in Mikeouds forum. His ouds are some of the finest made.
However like many of you, I was saddened to read in the following thread that his dear wife of 52 years marriage has passed away, and on Christamas Eve:
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=13614

We can be sure that master Kamil would not have made such beautiful and outstanding ouds during the course of his life if not helped, supported and encouraged by his wife.

I once read a story of two musicians who were friends for many years and who played music together regulary into their old age. When one of them died, the other who was a violinist, put his violin away in it's case and said he couldn't play it anymore now that his dearest friend had died.

Though Kamil Mowais is an old man now, his skills as an oud maker have matured and his ouds still sing as sweetly as ever. We can't be sure of how the passing of his dearest friend and wife will have on him, but like many others I hope he does not lay his tools down, but carries on making instruments of beauty as she would have liked him to.

Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 1-2-2013 at 02:56 AM

Thanks Mathew
She was the Master's supportive friend throughout his journey. She has encouraged him to build another oud, every other oud is finished and was a big fan of his ouds.
50 or so years around ouds have made her an expert herself, especially on both regards: shape and sound. She was fond of MOP inlays and her last wish was to see another oud of a kind being made, but she didn't hold on to see it coming into life.
She ment an oud like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-alZkJPMMYI
Kamil has lately obtained the best MOP available on Earth: Australian whilte, gold and green Abalone, just before his late wife collapsed, in her last battle with the incurable disease.
I reminded him of her will and he nodded in agreement and promised he will, as soon as he recovers from the trauma. Hope he does as soon as possible.
So rest in peace Ma'am
Well, I have a hunch, though not established, that Kamil will not lay his tools down, but soon shall recover and get back to his workshop, even in order to occupy his mind and distract himself away from thinking of his tragedy.
Hope he manages !
May her soul rest in peace, along with the righteous

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

alfarabymusic@gmail.com

Go To Top