Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Low Cost Sandi Oud
freya
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy in the mountains of WNC

[*] posted on 2-4-2013 at 06:24 PM
New Low Cost Sandi Oud

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saadettin-SANDI-Bahadir-SANDI-HANDMADE-TURK...

Seems like really aggressive pricing to me. If anyone gets one of these. I'd love to hear a report - trying to get my oud count down at the moment, otherwise I'd spring for one.

Cheers

SamirCanada

[*] posted on 2-5-2013 at 05:23 AM

Agressive! geez I would say so. Its strange that you can buy a "build it yourself oud kit" from them at 230$ and a finished oud at 200$...?

I have actually played a student/beginer sandi oud that my old band mate had bought in turkey. He had it tuned in arabic but the sound was just so sweet, much better than many more expensive ouds I have heard.

Anyways, I always compare buying ouds like that to russian roulette, sometimes you luck out but sometimes...

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
rudeog
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 2-8-2013 at 07:39 AM

I recently bought a Sandi oud on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saadettin-SANDI-Bahadir-SANDI-HANDCRAFTED-E...

(It is the electro-acoustic one with the guitar tuners model ELK-30 in case the link above expires).

I must say, I'm very impressed with the build quality and sound. I've paid more in the past for something of lower quality. Granted it's a flat back oud with an undersaddle pickup and guitar tuners, so some would say it's not technically an oud. But for playing with my band at a bar, it does a great job. I'll probably make a separate post with audio or video at some point in case anyone is interested in how it sounds.

For the one mentioned in the original post, given it's low price, I would guess that less time has been spent on it. But for that price, it's almost worth it just to see if you get lucky :-)

Go To Top