Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Jafroudi Persian Rubab with Hard Case
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-12-2013 at 08:15 AM
Jafroudi Persian Rubab with Hard Case

I have a new condition Persian Rubab made by Master Jafroudi in Iran.

This instrument has a wonderful warm tone and is in perfect new condition with a hard case.

I bought the instrument for a recording and have not used it since. It has been properly stored and maintained along with many other ethnic string instruments we own and sell through our shop.

This Persian Rubab is unique in that it has a total of 10 sympathetic strings. Typical instruments have 5-7. The additional sympathetic strings provide greater natural sustain and resonance similar to that found on Afghan Rubabs.

Given export restrictions and conditions to most countries from Iran, this is a very rare find and a once in a rare while opportunity to own a master level Persian Rubab.

I am asking $1100 USD. That is a reduction of over $500 off the original price for this instrument.

More information and details upon request.
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-12-2013 at 04:32 PM

I will consider a trade for this instrument as well. Ideally for a quality Oud or Barbat. Would also be open to proposals.

We also have a requirement for a higher end Semi-Acoustic or Acoustic guitar for a forthcoming project. Would also consider a trade for one of these.
fayyazi
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 01:46 PM

would you be willing to trade with a high quality turkish Sandi oud with hard case?
s3cr3t3
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 12:26 PM

I have a beautiful Persian barbat, it's a master luthier and the more modern (larger design) so it can be played as both oud and barbat.
With same wood as Tar / Setar so it has that warmer wonderful deeper and more subtle sound that defines Persian instruments.

I would be willing to trade but I was going to sell mine for $1750 paid $2500, and it's mint , no scratches or marks of any kind on body
and has the large custom triangular case vs the pear shaped oud cases. If you add $500 to the instrument I would trade, or if you
have something else to add to the trade. I am going to focus more on my kamanche playing so this Rubab would be a closer technique

BTW to all: I'm also going to sell a custom made Nazih Ghadban Rosewood concert quality oud perfect condition (minor imperfection in french laquer on back)
this was a custom commission instrument, have images of the construction process, certificate of issue, very rare and unique being rosewood.
Was close to $5K will take $2750, also a custom 6 string limited issue buzuq from Mr. Ghadban also in mint condition $1600, large animal skin persian Daf,

**** For a very special Ghanbari or Jazayeri (older mint instrument) , or for sale to collector, I have one of the first Paymani Gharibane (6 string ) made by
Mr Paymani himself by hand , not by his apprentices as newer instruments. Beautiful quality and attention to detail MINT

Willing to trade for great quality Ghanbari Barbat, Kamanche or Tar.

Rubab Player, any of these instruments is up for trade for your Rubab with additional money or instruments

email me at s3cr3t3@gmail.com I don't come here very often
Oud Freak
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud Jerk :)

[*] posted on 4-11-2013 at 12:54 AM

s3cr3t3 ... Can you please post the pics of the Ghadban oud? And since it is soo good and precious why are u willing to sell it? One does not sell such great instruments so easily...

Go To Top