Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: For Sale: Dimitris oud (2013)
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 5-24-2013 at 06:23 AM
For Sale: Dimitris oud (2013)

Hi everyone,
For your concideration here is a brand new oud made by Dimitris in Greece this year.

It is made of highly figured maple and rosewood and is absolutely gorgeous.
The top is spruce and the rosettes are horn.

The scale length is 58.5 as all turkish ouds but has been tuned to arabic from its inception.

some sound samples at the following links:
http://youtu.be/quaIaMfheA8
http://youtu.be/D1AXl-hVG1Q

I am asking $1700 including the wonderfull case & an extra set of pyramid lute strings and I am willing to split the shipping 50/50 in Canada and the U.S.

if interested please contact me at: Nassif.Samir@gmail.com

After welcoming a newborn into our world earlier this year, my priorities have changed. I had ordered the oud before she was born and I havent been able to enjoy the oud since I have gotten it. I feel like its haram to let it sit by itself.

I have also come to the realization that I have too many ouds and that since I am making some more ouds its best I start parting with some before they over run us and take us hostage.

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
Mso872
Oud Lover

Mood: Rast

[*] posted on 5-24-2013 at 09:19 AM

EXTREMELY interested. Email sent
Doc139
Oud Junkie

Mood: oud-sick

[*] posted on 5-24-2013 at 09:28 PM

most beautiful instrument, what a pity to let it go... if I would live in North-america I would be interested too!
and congratulations to your newborn daughter!!! I don't know if it is your first child at all, but if this is the case then I understand very well how much your life and your priorities in life must have changed. I remember very well how it was...
all the best to you and your family!
Alexander
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 5-25-2013 at 04:57 AM

The Oud is sold :) congradulations to its new owner.

Hi Doc, thank you. yes indeed it is our first one! She is an angel and a blessing.
You know I used to receive a new Oud once in a while and get this incredible feeling but now everything pales in comparison. And let's face it I don't even have time to sit when I eat or sleep so what do you think is happening to the Oud playing. :)

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
Doc139
Oud Junkie

Mood: oud-sick

[*] posted on 5-25-2013 at 09:58 PM

Hi Samir,
Full understanding! I remember the time 12 y ago when our first child was born, almost everything in life changed... It's only recently, while our kids are now 12 and 9 y old, that I get again more free time, e.g. for playing oud and stuff like that. But what a great moment of wellcoming a new soul to this planet and being in charge to care for it for a number of years... I hope you enjoy it (besides being ****ing tired sometimes...)
All the best to your young family!
Alexander
Oud Freak
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud Jerk :)

[*] posted on 5-31-2013 at 11:33 PM

Mabrouk to the new owner! No doubt it's a very well made oud. However it is tuned very slightly lower. Dimitirs, being a maker of greek/turkish ouds, makes the closest sound to "arabic" ouds.
The taqassim are really nice and warm.
As for the Marcel Khalife samaii bayati, bye bye samaii, and bye bye bayati. A bit painful...

SamirCanada

[*] posted on 6-1-2013 at 03:46 PM

Yes brother I agree it's a nice sounding Oud. Very powerful but it would be better in Turkish tuning so the new owner will make it live to its full potential.

I actually like the melody of the marcel khalifeh piece but you are right again. It's not really as advertised :)

Y3atik el 3afieh.

Also in other great news the Oud was received and in good shape which is always a relief. Enjoy the Oud Mark.

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com

Go To Top