Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nylon Ambiance vs. Nylon Encore Multiouds
nouphar
Oud Maniac

Mood: No mood

[*] posted on 7-7-2013 at 07:42 AM
Nylon Ambiance vs. Nylon Encore Multiouds

Hi guys,

The Nylon Ambiance Multioud is the one we all know.

Recently Godin has released a new one, Multioud Nylon Encore, made of Laurentian Basswood (body) and Rosewood (fingerboard).

It looks it has worse electronics, Q1T as opposed to the Fishman which is mounted on the Ambiance Multiouds.

Best of all, it's cheaper.

Has anyone bought or tried one yet?

Regards.
nouphar
Oud Maniac

Mood: No mood

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 12:58 PM

Hasn't anybody tried the Encore multioud?
Byzantium
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-9-2014 at 12:07 AM

I bought a Godin Multioud Encore on eBay from Antoine Viel at directmusiconline and I must say it was love at first twang. The Multioud was listed as a factory second but I've examined it closely and can't find a single defect. Not having played the more expensive Godin Multioud Ambience I can't compare the two but I'm very satisfied.

Because of the flat back it almost ( but not quite ) sounds like a traditional Oud. The build quality is awesome and the playability of the instrument is a joy. If, like me, you're a committed Oudaholic it won't replace your traditional Oud but then it's not really meant to.

Where the Multioud Encore scores heavily is in the plugged-in department. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but part of the satisfaction of playing a traditional Oud is the art/science/mystery of tuning the beast. It takes much practice and patience to develop an empathy with those friction pegs.

This is great if, like me, you enjoy the ten to fifteen minutes of tweaking and coaxing the little wooden buggers before settling down and losing yourself in a twenty minute taqsim. But if you're on stage with a loud band the last thing anyone needs is for the temperature and humidity to do its jinks on your beloved instrument.

Plugged-in the Multioud Encore is pretty unbeatable. I've tried various Turkish flatback and solid body Ouds with pick ups but the Encore blows them away leaving them sounding like electric planks.

In conclusion, if you're up against miked up percussion and electric bass then the Encore is a no brainer.
Beshar Hussam AL Azzawi
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 10:32 PM

I just purchased the Encore!! Check out my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gyPpAOTSsw

Cheers,
Beshar AL Azzawi

neviditsin
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 6-4-2016 at 04:51 AM

Anybody try both?
pacodelunch
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 6-4-2016 at 08:16 AM

Here's my opinion. Don't even think of going with the Encore. The ambience has a vastly improved pickup system, and that's really the MAIN thing that is good about it. And every time I use it I always end up using 100% of the microphone modelling settings and don't even blend in ANY of the pickup. The pickup, which would be great on a guitar, sounds terrible on an oud. The only pickup that I have found that works on an oud, is the Baggs Ibeam active nylon pickup, placed directly underneath the bridge. I put one on my short scale turkish oud.
I respect Beshar whose comment is above, but if you listen to his Multioud Encore WITHOUT the microphone recording added, it sounds a little crude. The Ambience is the best oud type instrument Godin have ever made and I have had them all, I still own the Multiac fretless guitar because it does have good aspects. Here's one of my videos of the Ambience : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNHW6EzXemg
neviditsin
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 6-4-2016 at 08:50 AM

How its sound accousticaly? With out amp, speakers etc

im looking for first oud
pacodelunch
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 6-4-2016 at 09:29 AM

Quiet but just about loud enough. But not really quite like an oud.

Go To Top