Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Le trio Joubran 1hr+ concert
Bodhi
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-13-2013 at 03:08 AM
Le trio Joubran 1hr+ concert

If you haven't watched this yet, you should. They never cease to amaze me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjnsgYYOM7M
Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 8-13-2013 at 02:29 PM

Born in Nazareth to Luthier Hatem Jubran, long live master. Samir, the eldest, has studied in Cairo in the 1990's at Farid Alatrash institute of music, while Wisam & Adnan were taught by their brother and later on self taught after Samir had left to Ramallah. They have had a great luck meeting their manager, who brought them to public attention and fast became a Trio, well known around the world. Bravo.
As to the music they make, one may like it more or less or even not, but they sure offer you a good deal for the ticket you've bought. They just know how to make this show succeed.
One thing I could never comprehend: why do they "suffer" this much while playing ? We've seen hundreds of oud players through history. None had "suffered" as much.
Just a personal preference, no offence, no "sharp tongue", no heat is meant here. I just all-over like the guys :) .

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

alfarabymusic@gmail.com
jack
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-14-2013 at 02:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alfaraby  

One thing I could never comprehend: why do they "suffer" this much while playing ? We've seen hundreds of oud players through history. None had "suffered" as much.

Ah, suffering is it? I had mistaken it for intimate ecstasy. I've seen Adel Salameh "suffer" like this while playing oud, but I don't think he was suffering. If it is a question of histrionics, however, as one might interpret from your insight, then I can only withhold judgment. I also find their music strong and beautiful however.
Doc139
Oud Junkie

Mood: oud-sick

[*] posted on 8-14-2013 at 09:56 PM

Alfaraby writes exactely what I think too, each time I saw videos of the Trio Jubran: their playing is nice, their ouds are beautiful, etc., but why are they making such grimaces with their faces? I am happy that it is not only my personal european ignorance that leads to this impression, but that also Alfaraby as a compatriot of the Jubran brothers feels the same...
But anyway, respect for their career, I wish them all the success they deserve!!
Alexander
Marcus
Oud Junkie

Mood: Lost in music

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 12:57 AM
grimaces???

Quote:

but why are they making such grimaces

Hi Alexander:wavey:

This "grimaces" that mainly Samir makes,are a result of the emotions that finds a way to come out.
While you sit on a chair, both hands are busy with playing challenging "riffs" ,which are a mixture of composition and improvising,listen to what the other musicians play,
the only part of the body to let show your emotions is the face.
Samir is a very narcissistic(like he says) and extroverted guy, so,to hide the "grimaces"like you call them,would be one more thing to concentrade on.
This "movements" of his face come out naturally, it is for sure not part of the show!!

I`m also (beside the oudplaying) a singer of the kind that sings with the eyes (mostly) closed, to suck in all the vibes on the stage. These vibes push my emotions to a very high level and I try to let the audience feel that too. This is like a soul-striptease on stage, and only possible if I dont care how I look or which kind of "grimaces"I make while performing!!

What the Joubran-Bro`s do on stage is a soulstrip too!!
In the eyes and smiles of the audience you can see that they do a perfekt job.

Quote:

I am happy that it is not only my personal european ignorance

No, it is your personal ignorance, nothing to do with geographic or mentality.
Ignorance is a worldwide problem nowadays.

Btw: the largest task of a musician that performs live ist to plug a string in the soul of the listeners. No matter if he/she is ugly,fat,slim,white,yellow black......or make "grimaces"

Cheers,
Marcus

Playing the oud is like feeding my soul with peace
Luttgutt
Oud Junkie

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 12:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alfaraby  
Born in Nazareth to Luthier Hatem Jubran, long live master. Samir, the eldest, has studied in Cairo in the 1990's at Farid Alatrash institute of music, while Wisam & Adnan were taught by their brother and later on self taught after Samir had left to Ramallah. They have had a great luck meeting their manager, who brought them to public attention and fast became a Trio, well known around the world. Bravo.
As to the music they make, one may like it more or less or even not, but they sure offer you a good deal for the ticket you've bought. They just know how to make this show succeed.
Just a personal preference, no offence, no "sharp tongue", no heat is meant here. I just all-over like the guys :) .

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

I make "grimases" just listening to them!!!

P.s. I think it is their manager who is the lucky B., not them!!

The wood might be dead, but the oud is alive.
Marcus
Oud Junkie

Mood: Lost in music

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 10:11 PM

Code:
I make "grimases" just listening to them!!!

:D , me too!!

Playing the oud is like feeding my soul with peace

Go To Top