Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Violin player?
FilipHolm
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 10-5-2013 at 05:07 PM
Violin player?

So guys I'm working on some music (A project called "Ini": https://www.facebook.com/officialzini") and I'm planning to release a new single pretty soon. The song is very different from what I usually write since it's basically an aucustic pop song, in the vein of artists like The Beatles or Joseph Arthur, if you're aware of who he is.

For this particular song I think there is an instrument missing, I've been coming back to the violin but when I try to play it digitally I can only make it sound sort of like a... folksong from Norway or something, and that's not the sound I'm looking for, I want something that has more edge to it. Maybe more middle-eastern style of playing would work well, I don't know. The idea of the "Ini" project is to merge different cultures and music, so that might be worth trying at least.

Anyway, since I unfortunatly don't know any violin-players personally, I thought I'd take a shot and ask if any of you here play violin OR an instrument that would work well on the song (I'll post a link to the demo). This would mean the person has to be able to record from their location and send the file(s) to me.

Here's a link to a demo of the song:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wst161pnbs50uu4/VOLUTION%20w.%20bass.wav

Please excuse the terrible vocals and unfinished lyrics, it's all work in progress people ;)

I trust you guys won't steal this song or something ;)

/Filip
ultragroove
Oud Maniac

Mood: Athar Kurd

[*] posted on 10-5-2013 at 05:50 PM

How about a qanun? You can emulate/play the qanun easily with a digital instrument like a dulcimer and it can fill the same frequency range as a violin. But its more rhythmic playing than a violin (keman) and I suggest to free up some rhythm space by playing less guitar strumming. It's all about authentic playing...
Nice song anyway. Sounds actually a bit like late Beatles songwriting.
Keep up.

FilipHolm
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 10-6-2013 at 02:40 AM

Yeah exactly, Qanun has a much more rythmic sound that could of course work, but I'm not sure it's the sound I'm after.

Thanks man. I'll take the Beatles comment as a compliment :)

Go To Top