Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Jaffa Road- World Music Group of the Year- CFMA
Jaffa Road
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-11-2013 at 02:37 PM
Jaffa Road- World Music Group of the Year- CFMA

As the oud is an important feature of our music I thought to share this great news with this oud community.

Last night the Canadian Folk Music Awards (CFMAs), awarded Jaffa Road's latest release, Where the Light Gets In, the award for World Music Group of The Year.

Following the nominations for a JUNO AWARD, and an Independent Music Award as well as winning an International Acoustic Music Award, and winning a Folk Music Ontario award, we are thrilled to take home World Music Group of the year at the CFMAs. We are very grateful for this honor and wish to thank all those who who worked on the album.

Congratulations to all of the nominees in every category. The CFMA's are always an exciting bunch of nominees but it was a particularly good batch this year.

Special mention is also due to Jaffa Road's lead singer Aviva Chernick whose solo project "When I Arrived You Where Already there" was nominated for World Music Solo Artist of the Year.
I also play oud on this album.

I should also mention here that a great oud player from Vancouver- Gord G'rdina had his record nominated in Instrumental Album of the Year. Her eyes Illuminate, by Gord G'rdina's Haram was one of my favorite albums of the year.

While I am posting I thought I would also share this video that I just got of the band, it was shot back in June at Koerner Hall. An oud Taqsim followed by the title track of our first album.

Hope you enjoy it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xznq00Vp7M
Alan-TX
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 08:54 AM

Congrats on the award!
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 06:50 PM

Congratulations!

YouTube lessons and resources