Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Seriously, I need an oud case
perspecting
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 05:13 PM
Seriously, I need an oud case

I just received an oud case from seller "oud088708" on Ebay, and while the case appears to be of decent quality (especially for the price), it doesn't actually fit my oud. It is about an inch or two short, and inch or two from zipping up, and same story with the peg box compartment. This is very frustrating because I did correspond with the seller regarding the size of my oud before purchasing. Despite my frustration, I would, however, recommend this case as a good value option if you are certain your oud will fit:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OUD-SOFT-CASE-WITH-BACKPACK-STRAPS-/27115915...

This leaves me in the awkward situation of still not having a serviceable oud case. I would be willing to to pay the 250$+ for a Khalaf case but they are out of stock. I tried ordering the 150$ case from Arab Instruments, as it looks pretty good too, but they are out of stock.

Are there any dealers out there who sell quality soft shell oud cases for a full size Syrian oud, and who can actually sell me one? Alternatively, I know this isn't the buy/sell forum, but if anyone has a Khalaf or ArabInstruments (Sukar?) case they'd be willing to sell, please private message me.
majnuunNavid
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dude, where's my Oud?

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 07:40 PM

contact Dmitris Rapakousious for a nice Oud case. He has a guy who makes them. It's more expensive, but they can make it custom to your oud specifications. And they are great! Hard or soft case.

http://www.dimitrisouds.com/instrument_cases.htm

Luttgutt
Oud Junkie

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 12-18-2013 at 01:18 AM

Hi!

Too bad the bag did not fit.. I just checked the webpage, it looks really good "for the price"..

But it actually said clearly that:

The case is designed to fit Turkish 'uds and Arab 'uds that are 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 in size. It will not fit one that is unusually large.

:shrug:

good luck with finding a new one..

The wood might be dead, but the oud is alive.

Go To Top