Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Guy: Oud Blueprints Non-Existent?
verhoevc
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 01:25 AM
New Guy: Oud Blueprints Non-Existent?

Hey everybody. First and foremost I'd like to introduce myself. I'm new to the Oud world, but not new to stringed instrument construction. I was lucky enough to visit the Salmeen Our factory over my vacation in Kuwait and am pretty interested in the instrument. I hope to one day build one... provided I can ever get all these dang guitars done I have in progress!

Either way, I was wondering why there don't appear to be any real oud plans or blueprints available online? I did a search and the topic has come up a couple times on this forum, however, the answer is always to get the Hankey book. I'm sure the book is great, but for those that already have a lot of building experience a plan and some of the progress photos online would be plenty to go on by themselves IMO.

I'm fairly proficient in CAD, so if anyone has measured drawings, etc. I'd be more than happy to put together plans if someone would be willing to help with the know-how. I'm well aware there are a number of different types of ouds out there or various sizes, but I think having at least one "canonical" set of plans out there would likely be encouraging to new-comers.
Thanks,
Chris
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 1-8-2014 at 07:22 AM

I have some other layouts: Turkish by Hamza Usta (Manol design) George Hanna Nahhat, Gamil George, etc..U2U or email for a complete list and details.
richard@droud.com

theodoropoulos
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-13-2014 at 11:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Dr. Oud  
I have some other layouts: Turkish by Hamza Usta (Manol design) George Hanna Nahhat, Gamil George, etc..U2U or email for a complete list and details.
richard@droud.com

i have sent you e-mail!If you could help me :)
verhoevc
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-1-2014 at 09:22 AM

Is this the same Theodoropoulos as from ProjectGuitar?
Chris
Yaron Naor
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-22-2016 at 12:49 AM
Oud plan

Quote: Originally posted by verhoevc  
Hey everybody. First and foremost I'd like to introduce myself. I'm new to the Oud world, but not new to stringed instrument construction. I was lucky enough to visit the Salmeen Our factory over my vacation in Kuwait and am pretty interested in the instrument. I hope to one day build one... provided I can ever get all these dang guitars done I have in progress!

Either way, I was wondering why there don't appear to be any real oud plans or blueprints available online? I did a search and the topic has come up a couple times on this forum, however, the answer is always to get the Hankey book. I'm sure the book is great, but for those that already have a lot of building experience a plan and some of the progress photos online would be plenty to go on by themselves IMO.

I'm fairly proficient in CAD, so if anyone has measured drawings, etc. I'd be more than happy to put together plans if someone would be willing to help with the know-how. I'm well aware there are a number of different types of ouds out there or various sizes, but I think having at least one "canonical" set of plans out there would likely be encouraging to new-comers.
Thanks,
Chris

I have made an Oud plan if you like
Thanks
Yaron Naoe, Oud maker
ibisyn@gmail.com

Arabic Oud Plan yaron naor.jpg - 172kB

faggiuols
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-25-2016 at 10:51 PM

Hello Chris
I'm an amateur at the first construction of an oud.
But I'm good with CAD.
I drew the design of my oud, of course I used the measurements of the Hankey books!
if you are pleased I can send you the cad format files to your email.
bye and good luck

guido.faggioli@gmail.com
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 12:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by faggiuols  
Hello Chris
I'm an amateur at the first construction of an oud.
But I'm good with CAD.
I drew the design of my oud, of course I used the measurements of the Hankey books!
if you are pleased I can send you the cad format files to your email.
bye and good luck

guido.faggioli@gmail.com

Using the information from my book is a violation of international copyright law. I order you to cease and desist from publishing plagiarized material to avoid further action.

faggiuols
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 10:51 PM

Dear Dr. Oud
I am very sorry.
I didn't want to violate copyright laws. My only desire was to work and share information with other oud lovers.
Obviously in the future I will not share anything related to your book.
I honestly thought the CAD product design was my personal job, even if made with indications extracted from the book, and so it seemed me that I can share it.
I apologize for my ignorance.
I precise that I regularly bought your book.

Go To Top