Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Recent Sukar ouds
Raselased
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-26-2014 at 05:21 PM
Recent Sukar ouds

Hi everybody.

This is my first post, but I have read a lot trough this forum, caring my growing interest in the oud.

There seem to be a lot of kind and passionate people sharing their love for the oud in good manners here, greatly appreciated.

I'm not used to forums, not so good in English and an absolute beginner to the oud, so be patient ;).

Didn't mention it but obviously I'm looking for a first oud.

Does somebody here have seen a recent Sukar like those 212,213... from arabinstruments around November?

The old description gives a 62cm scale, but i think i remember reading it has been shortened to 60cm since.

Any changes?
Because of the extremely sad events, for the less, in Syria, things may get blurred a bit.

I'll ask arabinstruments directly, and i know they might see this post, but any information good to get.

By the way, a Sukar 214 to sell anybody? :D

Thank you all.

phil
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 08:19 PM

Hi,
I purchased a Sukar 213 from Arab Ins. in December 2013 and yes it is indeed 60cm. Seems to be a good instrument. I am happy with it.
Edward6311
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-30-2014 at 04:33 AM

Can someone rate the different models of Ibrahim Sukar Ouds for me. What the main differences between them are.
Greg
Administrator
Thread Pruned
8-30-2014 at 04:35 AM
soltanov
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 8-30-2014 at 06:50 PM

I bought my Sukar Oud in 2012 from Beirut , you might still be able to find some Sukar ouds in stocks , sadly his factory was hit by a Bomb :(
Arab Instrument
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-6-2014 at 09:49 PM

Hey

Sukar factory indeed was under attack and this is why the production stopped almost completely.

We have manged to get some of his models (201 , 7) at a Turkish size (59 - 60 cm) but they all sold fast.

The good news are that Sukar has moved his factory to a better place out of the war zone and has started a new production line.

We do hope that in about 2 months his models 212, 213 will be back to our stock.

P.S
Since the situation in Syria , there are some makers who build a similar ouds to Sukar but not the same level as sukar or high quality wood as sukar uses, but still label it as Sukar oud.

Thanks
Arab Instruments
http://www.arabinstruments.com/

Luttgutt
Oud Junkie

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 9-7-2014 at 06:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Arab Instrument  
Hey

Sukar factory indeed was under attack and this is why the production stopped almost completely.

We have manged to get some of his models (201 , 7) at a Turkish size (59 - 60 cm) but they all sold fast.

The good news are that Sukar has moved his factory to a better place out of the war zone and has started a new production line.

We do hope that in about 2 months his models 212, 213 will be back to our stock.

P.S
Since the situation in Syria , there are some makers who build a similar ouds to Sukar but not the same level as sukar or high quality wood as sukar uses, but still label it as Sukar oud.

Thanks
Arab Instruments
http://www.arabinstruments.com/

Thank you for the information!

The wood might be dead, but the oud is alive.

Go To Top