Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New inventory at MauriceOudShop
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 2-2-2014 at 12:20 PM
New inventory at MauriceOudShop

Exciting news for the US and Canada (UPDATE: and Europe) oud communities. In an effort to make professional ouds and percussion instruments more accessible to customers, MauriceOudShop.com is now live and taking orders.

Come check out these beautiful handmade ouds from Maurice Shehata, as well as an amazing selection of high quality, budget-friendly ouds. There is also an excellent stock of percussion instruments from the world famous store, Gawharet el-Fan, in Cairo, Egypt. These Egyptian tablas and riqqs are simply incredible.

You can also visit the MauriceOudShop YouTube Channel to see and listen to all the instruments that are currently available for sale.

MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 2-2-2014 at 01:11 PM

hey Mike, how's things? wow, Maurice OudShop is offering ouds at some unbelieveable prices! Just what we all need. I'm not clear on where these lower cost budget-friendly ouds will be shipping from, are they located somewhere in USA or will these ouds be shipped from Egypt like the higher end ones from Maurice Ouds? :)
Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-2-2014 at 01:21 PM

Hey Matthew,

Things are great bud. Hope all is well with you too. All these ouds are currently shipping from the US. On the About Us and Shipping and Returns pages there is more information.

At this time, the focus is on US and Canada (UPDATE: and European) customers. But if anybody needs help in Europe or anywhere else, go ahead and send an email to info@mauriceoudshop.com.

Take care,
Mike

FilipHolm
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-2-2014 at 03:35 PM

Just visited the website! A very smart business move for Maurice and his business.

I highly recoment his ouds as I own one myself and am very happy with it!

Hope everything go well with the site! ;)
majnuunNavid
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dude, where's my Oud?

[*] posted on 2-2-2014 at 11:01 PM

This is very good news indeed! I will share this on my website as well. I am very happy with the prices, and it is good to know that the apprentice Ouds have been properly set up and adjusted. The videos sound great. Very satisfactory for learners.

The apprentice Ouds appear to be comparable to the ones sold on Arab instruments made by Ghawharet Al Fan, however better prices and as far as the videos appear, it looks like they are ready to play.

Thanks Mike. :applause:

Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 2-3-2014 at 09:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by majnuunNavid  

Arabinstruments made by Ghawharet Al Fan

Wrestling:

http://www.arabinstruments.com/ vs. http://www.mauriceoudshop.com/

Referee:

http://www.gawhara.com.eg/eastern.html

Go ahead

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

alfarabymusic@gmail.com
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 2-3-2014 at 09:34 AM

On Maurice Oud Shop one reads :

"This website is a collaboration of the master Egyptian oudmaker, Maurice F. Shehata, and the owner of http://www.arabicouds.com / http://www.mikeouds.com. "

Mike (the man who started this excellent website) gives his approval to Maurice Oud Shop and is personally involved, plus the reputation of M Shehata, I think anyone in North America need not look any further for high quality budget minded ouds.

This is not to say anything negative about other oud sources/makers further afield, but I know where I'd shop my dear friend. ;)

Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-3-2014 at 10:16 AM

Thanks Filip and Navid! Your encouragement is much appreciated.

Matthew, thanks for your kind words bud. I do think they are a smoking deal for those that are interested and I wouldn't help Maurice if I didn't think these ouds were not playable and good sounding. Perfect say, for somebody just starting out. There's no secrets either. People can watch the YouTube videos to see and hear exactly what they are getting.

Mo's own ouds speak for themselves. Some may disagree, but to each his own. Guys like Abadi, Mamdouh, Ahmad Fathi, among tens of others like them. Who am I to disagree.

By the way, if our new website is half as successful as my good friend Assaf's, I would be more than delighted, and I know so would Assaf.

suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-5-2014 at 07:46 AM

It's great news and wishing all the best for them in their business.

Maybe a useful information they may ad is the size of the ouds (stringlength and bowl Length/width/deepness). I think it's an important feature to know for one, moreover for a buy on internet. Anyway, just a short contribution from my side of view.

regards

Mike
Super Administrator
Thread Topped
3-12-2014 at 07:49 AM
jroberts
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-18-2014 at 07:25 PM
Happy Review of MauriceOudShop

Just wanted to give a big thank you for the collective insight I’ve gained from this forum, and to Mike and the folks at Al Aseel for http://www.mauriceoudshop.com. I’ve been guesting the forum off and on for some time, while looking to purchase my first Oud. I finally bought this one (http://www.mauriceoudshop.com/aseel-1983-sold) a few weeks ago and couldn’t be happier.

I was extremely surprised as to how quickly I received it. I think he got it shipped that day. Mike was also very proactive in his follow up regarding status and even my satisfaction afterward. I wish all purchases could be so pleasant.

It’s my first and only oud, so I don’t have anything to compare it with, but I feel can safely say this is a beautiful and excellent quality instrument that will last me many years if not indefinitely. It sounds brilliant, not counting my notable deficiency of never having played on a fretless instrument. I also ordered some new pyramid strings but haven’t gotten around to re-stringing yet, as I’m figuring that’ll make a nice bonus in another week or two after I’m a bit more practiced and accurate in my fingering.

To anyone like myself, nervous about an initial purpose, and not comfortable with the idea of haggling directly with a maker in some far off land, I highly recommend you consider MauriceOudShop. I really have nothing bad to say about the oud or the whole experience. I’m a happy camper.

Thanks again to everyone on here, and especially to Mike for the services he brings to the community. You all helped make this musical adventure not only possible, but remarkably pleasant and easy.

~Joe
hussamd
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-19-2014 at 04:35 AM

The ouds look great. Personally I have a mental block when I see an oud without a rosette.
Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-19-2014 at 09:07 AM

Hey Joe,

Welcome to the forums officially, and thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated bud.

Happy Ouding!
Mike

Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-25-2014 at 08:28 AM
Now shipping to Europe!

MauriceOudShop is now shipping to Europe!

I have included Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland and the UK in our European zone so far.

If you try to place an order and receive the following message: "Unfortunately one or more items in your cart can't be shipped to your location. Please contact us at info@mauriceoudshop.com to see if shipping to you is a possibility.", feel free to send me an email to look into adding your country to our European "shipping zone".

Christian1095
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:40 AM

I was looking for an oud I could throw in the car and not worry about or loan out to a friend and not have stress.

I have two Sukar ouds, a Shehata oud, and a Godin Multioud... so I'm used to playing good instruments.

I ordered this oud - http://www.mauriceoudshop.com/apprentice-oud-05/

Overall I think you'd have a really hard time finding a better oud for the price. It's perfect for beginners and students. Now it's not the same quality as a custom oud, but it's also about 1/5th the price for what you get.... but for what it is, it's perfect.

Also, this is the second time I've worked with Mike to get an instrument, the first time was in 2009 when he helped me in getting a custom oud from Maurice Shehata in Egypt (my Arabic just wasn't good enough to communicate) He shipped the oud the next day (I ordered after midnight) and it arrived well packaged and safe. And followed up to make sure it was working out. All this on a relatively cheap instrument... so I wouldn't hesitate to order a more expensive oud (though I might have problems with the wife if I bring anymore ouds into the house)

:xtreme:

Chris Walters
Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:44 AM

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the kind words bud.
Really appreciate that.
Glad that bad boy made it safely.

Take care,
Mike

Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:46 AM

By the way...we are now able to ship to Australia and New Zealand!

Greg
Administrator
Thread Pruned
8-30-2014 at 04:34 AM
majnuunNavid
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-3-2014 at 09:13 PM

Hey Mike,
I noticed you guys are selling out of Ouds on the site. Any plans to get any more?

Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 11:16 AM

Hey Navid,

I'm expecting to receive more ouds early next year. Hopefully in January.

Happy Holidays!
Mike

Chris_Stephens
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 07:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mike  
Hey Navid,

I'm expecting to receive more ouds early next year. Hopefully in January.

Happy Holidays!
Mike

Its February now! :bounce:
majnuunNavid
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 09:59 PM

Yeah, where are they?

Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-4-2015 at 09:28 AM

Hey Chris and Navid...the ouds are actually en route as we speak. The last cargo box should be arriving in Zurich on Friday joining it's 3 brothers. They will be on a plane to L.A. shortly thereafter. It will probably take me a week or so to photograph and update the website after the boxes clear customs and I actually have them, but hopefully we will be shipping off ouds by mid to late February again.

As a side note...there will be a huge discount on all drums. Some up to 60% off. Stay tuned for more information soon, and thanks for your patience.

Chris_Stephens
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-5-2015 at 05:59 AM

Thats great news, Im excited. Will you post in the forum when everything is ready? Im sure there will be a bit of a mad scramble and I'd like to get one for myself!
Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-14-2015 at 07:44 AM

I received the ouds this past week. It will take me awhile yet to go through them and update the website. I'll try and have at least the videos uploaded today for viewing.

Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-30-2019 at 07:59 AM

I finally was able to get some pictures of the Zeryab Ouds on the site. We have about 16 ouds available. Unfortunately, there are no videos for these ouds, but the Zeryab's are pretty consistent. Videos are easy to find if you search online, and that should give you a pretty good idea of their sound.

Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 10:14 AM

Hello all,

Just wanted to inform you of a big discount on all available ouds at MauriceOudShop, particularly the ASEEL ouds. Shipping is still included in the price.

Unfortunately, international shipping dimensions have been limited recently to many countries. Please contact me prior if you are outside of the US or Canada to find out if I can still ship to your destination. Actually, I encourage you to contact me either way so I can give you more feedback about any ouds that you may be interested in before purchasing.

All the best,
Mike

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top