Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: BLACK THUNDER BY FARUK TÜRÜNZ
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 3-7-2014 at 06:38 AM
BLACK THUNDER BY FARUK TÜRÜNZ

I would like to present my recent design Ebony Double Soundboard Oud.

Video is on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFenkTZIc2k

[file]30665[/file]

[file]30667[/file]

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
hussamd
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-7-2014 at 07:13 AM

The face is very shiny! Heavenly sound. Great job! :applause:

Faladel
Oud Junkie

Mood: ya salam

[*] posted on 3-9-2014 at 03:26 AM

Please the Price of this Oud ??

Oud Player
hussamd
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-9-2014 at 05:31 AM

It is posted on his website for $6000. http://www.oudmaster.com/ouds-for-sale.php
zakiya_alali
Oud Junkie

Mood: Jameel Bashir is a Legand

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 12:19 AM

$6000!!! ist made of gold??
Ottoman
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 04:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by zakiya_alali  

$6000!!! ist made of gold??

I agree with Zakiya. The prices of Faruk Türünz's ouds seem to be higher than many oud players can afford. I appreciate that some of the ouds have a marvellous craftsmanship, yet there should be a wide range of prices that might attract many other oud players as well.

Regards
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 05:11 AM

All this debate on prices of ouds needs to end. There is no other way to describe it as disrespectful to oud makers around the world and who make the instrument we love.

Actually he has ouds for $1000, so he caters to everyone really. If you cant afford it then don't buy it, someone else will and thats the way the world works.

You want marvellous craftsmanship and then you complain its expensive, it makes as much sense as saying Ferrari's should be the same price as a WW jetta because you want one.

I bet no one here was in the market for that oud anyways.

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
Ottoman
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 06:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SamirCanada  
All this debate on prices of ouds needs to end. There is no other way to describe it as disrespectful to oud makers around the world and who make the instrument we love.

Actually he has ouds for $1000, so he caters to everyone really. If you cant afford it then don't buy it, someone else will and thats the way the world works.

You want marvellous craftsmanship and then you complain its expensive, it makes as much sense as saying Ferrari's should be the same price as a WW jetta because you want one.

I did not say that I want an oud that has marvellous craftsmanship with lower price. What I said is quite simple and understandable.

I think you should be polite as a moderator, your reply seems so aggressive. I did not say anything wrong in my post, just expressed what I thought. I just suggested that Faruk Türünz should offer more lower priced ouds. This should be regarded as a modest recommendation, as here is the platform that we could express what we think, of course with 'respect'.

P.S. I appreciate what Faruk Türünz is doing. I like his ouds and his innovative approach to oud making.

Regards
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 06:41 AM

I dont think I was impolite, but if you were offended I apologize. This kind of post, comes back ever so often and it is one of my grievances, I didnt mean to single you out even though now reading back I understand why you feel like this.

Anyhow, It remains that what I expressed above is my opinion, you dont have agree with me, I respect your opinion as well.

however, you should know that Faruk offers ouds from $1000, so I dont agree with you he should do more to offer lower priced ouds. Ps: i have no affiliation, I just respect him as a oud maker who is trying to make a living and is trying to make the oud available to many different people. People with money and people with less money.

People are free to charge what they want for their ouds, if they find a buyer who is willing to pay enough in their eyes, god bless them and give them health.

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
hussamd
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 07:04 AM

What we are hearing is the frustration of wanting something we cannot afford. We all know that feeling, right?

BTW the affordable ouds are up to $1300 now. Still a great price.
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 09:09 AM
I wish...

I wish there were a "like" button here like on FaceBook. Then I would use it rather than writing a reply to the general attitude here.

I appreciate all comments and would like to remark that I've made many ouds for $8000.- on special order.
I am offering a Reduced Price Oud Line without compromising from the sound quality and handicraftsmanship. You can see this model here: http://www.oudmaster.com/reduced-price.php

Please look at the oud paying some attention, how delicatelly made jewel it is...Don't you kindly appreciate it?
And please listen to the sound of it... here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152882687478125&ref=notif&notif_t=like

Best regards

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
oudistcamp
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 11:56 AM
GOLD

It is wonderful to associate beautiful ouds with gold:
1. They are rare.
2. They will appreciate in value.
3. They are beautiful in the eye of the beholder.
4. They make great heirlooms and legacies.

Perhaps, the next model shall be Gold Lightning, dear Faruk?
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 01:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by oudistcamp  
It is wonderful to associate beautiful ouds with gold:
1. They are rare.
2. They will appreciate in value.
3. They are beautiful in the eye of the beholder.
4. They make great heirlooms and legacies.

Perhaps, the next model shall be Gold Lightning, dear Faruk?

Bingo!

How did you know it dear Su? I am working on a project that some parts of the oud will be made of real GOLD.
I received a proposal from someone who wants to order an oud in behalf of someone from a royal family of a Kingdom. I am supposed to create something very special to be befitted a nobleman who is a relative of the King.

stringmanca
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud Moud

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 03:20 PM

[file]30728[/file]
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 04:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SamirCanada  

Thank you Samir. Yes, you're right no one here in the market for that oud. Actually many could realize my aim: To feast to the eyes and ears... Nothing more than that!
I don't care about marketing anymore. I am just dealing with offering some beauties to those enthusiasts of seeing beautiful ouds. Isn't here an oud forum? And Aint I a member of these forums! I consider myself a humble servant in the oud world and here as well and indebted to the very esteemed members here for presenting them some samples of my ouds. Not for boasting (I've long left behind those things). To share...only to share to open a different horizon ... Am I soo fool? Or pure minded?

That's true...I shared my bliss hoping to create some innocent blissfulness. :))

Best regards.

majnuunNavid
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dude, where's my Oud?

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 08:09 PM

Dear Faruk,

Please continue to share these masterpieces with pictures, videos and beautiful sound. Sharing is caring!

farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 02:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by majnuunNavid  
Dear Faruk,

Please continue to share these masterpieces with pictures, videos and beautiful sound. Sharing is caring!

Thank you majnuunNavid,

I will continue to share them...

Best regards.

oudistcamp
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 11:27 AM

:) That's great, Faruk!!
Hopefully, it is possible to share photos of the completed Gold Lightning.
I am imagining an ebony bowl with gold purfling, gold inlay pickguard with the royal insignia, and gold rosette of arabic calligraphy.
Perhaps an inlay on the tailpiece as well, because one cannot leave the 'feet' unshod.
Gold nut? Gold rings on the shaft of the pegs? :)
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 03:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by oudistcamp  

:) That's great, Faruk!!
Hopefully, it is possible to share photos of the completed Gold Lightning.
I am imagining an ebony bowl with gold purfling, gold inlay pickguard with the royal insignia, and gold rosette of arabic calligraphy.
Perhaps an inlay on the tailpiece as well, because one cannot leave the 'feet' unshod.
Gold nut? Gold rings on the shaft of the pegs? :)

You are reading my mind Su! Really... I and Suat, my partner are working on that oud to make it just like you describe. Yes, a golden inlay on the tailpiece as well... We will post some close up photos of that gem to the Forums of course but there will be a secretive part of the project : "price" :)

Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 03:32 PM

Ustaz, please consider that there are over 2500 members here . . . in this case rest assured that most of us respect your work and do not question your prices. There will always be a few outspoken naysayers in such a large group.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
hussamd
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 03:57 PM

Just like with any delicate piece of art, if it is in your budget, buy it - otherwise admire it for the piece of art that it is. More beauties please!
mfkaamer
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 07:05 AM

Hi everybody,

I am Mahmoud from Alexandria Egypt, this is my first post in the forum as i used to read only, but i have something to say here.

I am an oud lover and not a good player but i have few ouds from diff. makers and i just received a great oud from Mr Faruk and it is the best i have so far.

I agree it is very expensive and it took a lot of time to complete! but for people who likes Oud i believe it is valuable.

I think that the sound of any oud is more important than gold included for decoration.

I wish if Mr. Faruk can find a way searching for real talented new players who cannot afford that amount of money and sell them his best ouds for only the costing price which will be good for everybody in my point of view.

I hope one day to see oud market are close to guitar which will really help with reducing the prices.

Thanks everybody
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 07:35 AM

Hello Mahmoud and welcome to the forums. My congratulations that you have acquired one of Faruk's treasures. Play it in good health.
Faruk is one of the finest oud makers in the world and we are lucky to be able to purchase his instruments at reasonable prices, particularly his range of
low priced instruments.
He has spent many years of hard work developing his skills and his techniques to the stage where every instrument he makes is a good instrument, regardless of price.
But like most of us, Faruk needs to run his business at a profit in order to continue to pay his workshop rent, pay his workers, support his family and get some reward for himself.
I don't think we should expect him to sell any of his instruments at cost price.
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 08:03 AM

The least expensive hand-made guitars are selling in the year 2014 for more money than the most expensive hand-made ouds. The more expensive hand-made guitars are selling for 3 times the price of the most expensive hand-made ouds. Good quality factory-made guitars that are made in China are selling for the same prices as factory-made ouds from Turkey. Good quality factory-made guitars that are made in North America and Europe are selling— at the low end— for the same prices as hand-made ouds at the high end. The price for top quality factory-made guitars is higher than the most expensive hand-made ouds.

Right now in 2014 the guitar is more popular world-wide than the the oud. , I don't see how an increase in demand for ouds is going to lower the price of a high quality hand-made oud. The price of materials, and production costs are not going to get lower because of more demand. Increased popularity of oud might increase the production of factory ouds and perhaps lower the quality as well.

One might speculate that with millions of customers wanting ouds, that an oud maker could make a good living by selling at no more than one dollar above costs simply through making millions of sales. After all a million sales would mean a million dollars. But when one looks at guitar prices today, that doesn't seem likely.

I think that if the oud were *less* popular then the prices would be lower.

Quote: Originally posted by mfkaamer  
Hi everybody,

I hope one day to see oud market are close to guitar which will really help with reducing the prices.

Thanks everybody
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 09:20 AM

Jody said what I was going to say . . . handbuilt guitars are much more expensive than ouds. Even most factory Gibson or Martin guitars are in the $1500 - $6000 range.

High-end guitars from Chinese and Korean factories are over $1000, and from Japan over $3000! So to most musicians, oud prices are still quite reasonable.

Even if I can't afford a $6000 oud, I appreciate the work and dedication of the luthier.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top