Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: BLACK THUNDER BY FARUK TÜRÜNZ
mfkaamer
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 11:40 AM

Hi everybody,

Look's like i was not able to explain well my point of view.

What i wanted to say that the Turunz ouds are great and valuable but are expensive for most of the players, and Mr Faruk is not a normal maker and he used to say that he likes to help sharing knowledge and improve the oud all over the world, and there may be a unique great players who cannot afford that money but they deserve that kind of quality to play and this will make people all over the world like oud sound and could be a good promotion for Mr Faruk' industry as well. This could be with reduced price for very special few players every once on a while, this might be a stupid idea, sorry if i was wrong.

Regarding the oud market versus guitar i wanted to say that i wish there is many oud players in the world so the price can be less with no harm to any oud makers and many great players could play great quality ouds.

Special thanks for Mr Faruk for my new oud, and sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks everybody.

hussamd
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-1-2014 at 07:40 AM

A well-made oud is a piece of art. Art prices do not make any sense and they are governed by what people are willing to pay. Oud makers are under no obligation to make the instrument affordable, economics dictate much of that. There are plenty of cheap ouds out there.

When you look at an oud and your heart skips a beat ... it is worth what the luthier is charging. Same goes for guitars.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top