Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: garabed der bedrosian oud, now with added photo goodness
_tone
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 04:51 PM
garabed der bedrosian oud, now with added photo goodness

someone has donated an oud made by garabed der benrosian in 1970 (according to the label) to our local art gallery. i have been tasked with determining its value. it's been neglected over the years and is in kind of rough shape: the bowl has obviously suffered with the dryness and heat here: the finish is flaking off and a couple of the ribs are separating; a couple of pegs are missing and a couple more appear to have been chewed on by a small animal(?). the action at the body/neck joint is maybe 1/2 inch, it's crazy high and unplayable. i'll get some pictures in the next few days to give everyone a better idea of the problems we have.
can anyone give me an idea of its worth in its current condition, and an estimate of the costs that could be incurred bringing it back to life, something which i would dearly love to do. thanks in advance for the help which i know will be forthcoming.... daryloneill

[file]31616[/file] [file]31618[/file] [file]31620[/file]
_tone
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 11:08 AM

if you have any questions, or would like more photos, please let me know. i be happy to oblige

Go To Top