Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Incoming oud
ZachFuzzy
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-22-2014 at 06:20 AM
Incoming oud

Hi all, it hasn't been long since I started this oud journey. Middle Eastern music is still quite foreign, being Western trained in Classical Guitar and the Chinese classical music playing Chinese fiddles in an orchestra. My progress so far is probably slow still, getting use to quarter tones and very different tempos. Not to forget about the taqsims. :(

My frist oud was the Saadettin Sandi Bahadir Sandi GK-15. Sold to a guitarist friend of mine who got the oud bug from me :))
He just couldn't let go of her.

Soon after that I made another purchase, the MKA-25 Arabic from the same builders. Here's a video of it and me playing. Mind the mistakes yeah... Im still a noob at it. :D

Barefoot Girl

Now that my Turkish oud has got a new owner, I contacted the builders again and I asked for something different and they did it according to what I ordered. For most part of it is similar to the MKA-25. However, this differs in saddle material and pickguard shape :D

It hasn't arrive yet though :(

[file]32121[/file]
FilipHolm
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 7-22-2014 at 03:16 PM

Very nice playing!
It's always exciting waiting for a new oud, isn't it? I hope it all works out for you and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future :)
ZachFuzzy
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-22-2014 at 07:51 PM

I am very excited to hear how wenge will work as a saddle. The originals were mahogany in black. The oud now seems to me like a fat stout lavta because of the pickguard design. I thought that shape matches single soundhole better as compared to their signature pickguard look. :))
ZachFuzzy
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-22-2014 at 08:33 PM

Editted. Repeated post.
neviditsin
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 5-29-2016 at 09:16 PM

What the difference between Arabic and Turkish version of MKA-25? String lenght? Bodysize?

Go To Top