Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I have my eye on a turkish oud, what's your opinion?
sidharta
Oud Addict

Mood: Feeling creative!

[*] posted on 9-7-2014 at 04:19 AM
I have my eye on a turkish oud, what's your opinion?

Hi guys,
I'm after a nice turkish oud. I already have a nice Sukar oud which I love a lot.
I'm looking at this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURKISH-VERY-HIGH-QUALITY-JUNIPER-MAHOGANY-...
It uses mahagony and juniper woods which sound nice. In the other hand, there is no maker name or signature on the instrumnent.
What do you think about it? have you happen to play this kind of oud?

Many thanks,
Daniel
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-7-2014 at 06:11 AM

There are too many factors that are "off" here. The video on the eBay page is of a different oud made of different woods, or so it says. Which of these ouds will the buyer receive? One of these 2? A third one? The scale is given as 60cm, which differs from the norm of 58.5 for a modern Turkish oud. Was this on purpose or an accident? Or is this simply a copy and paste error taken from the description of an Arabic oud? Why does the seller not mention the maker?. The information about shipping is self-contradictory. It takes 5 days. It takes 4 weeks. It's free. It's not. There are four options and all free! I would run the other way. This looks like an Iffy Proposition.
veyselOud
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 05:18 AM

Hello,

Dear Jody Stecher,

Thank you for your ideas.
This is my Oud on ebay. I am selling it. I am a seller in Turkey, I am selling Persian and Turkish musical instruments mostly.

I have to explain your questions because this is my Oud.
1- Pictures and Video different Ouds.
Buyer will receive Same as on pictures. Video is a simple video, it is not Ouds video. This Oud sounds great so not like on video.
2- I measured wrongly before. I measured again, yes it is 58,5 cm. I changed description, you can check again.
3-Maker is not a Famous maker. He makes only for us Ouds. He makes really good ouds for good prices. This Oud for this price very good. About 4 years I am selling this maker Ouds and all of my customers like these Ouds. for any problem I am acceppting returning.
4- Delivery time 2-4 weeks. by surface shipping. with extra payment we can send by air, EMS and Fedex.

Best regards,

Veysel

Go To Top