Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: No longer Looking to buy oud!
Lute
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 07:45 PM
No longer Looking to buy oud!

Dear members,

I am no longer looking for Sabsaby or reduced price Turunz Arabic Oud.

Fadi Matta's oud is no longer wanted, as it is not worth it for me!

Regards,

Lute
zakiya_alali
Oud Junkie

Mood: Jameel Bashir is a Legand

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 10:05 PM

good luck :wavey:
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-22-2014 at 03:59 AM

Hello Lute
where are you located ?
I'm selling my Fadi Matta oud, floating bridge
http://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments_de_musique/700266187.htm?ca=2_s

Regards

Lute
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 09:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by suz_i_dil  
Hello Lute
where are you located ?
I'm selling my Fadi Matta oud, floating bridge
http://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments_de_musique/700266187.htm?ca=2_s

Regards
Hello, it is well over my budget, regards.
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 09:58 AM

Open to discussion but your offer was too low for what I can assume.
All the best in your research

Lute
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 10:40 AM

For me, I think your price expectations seems high for what I can assume as well! your oud is no longer new, it is used! Most Ouds seems to lose value when bought new. I have seen it here, elsewhere and on ebay! See this link the oud costed over $3000 and now for $1100 http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=14990 It also suites my budget to buy a used oud! Furthermore, there is no hard case so it may get damage, so it needs one! Also, the postage cost and money transfer fees needs to be added! So if it is going to cost me 1,150 EUR = 1,482.58 USD plus other costs that mentioned above, wich may well cost me about $1850 just for a second hand Matta! Even if you drop $150 still it is not good for me or my budget! Having said that, it is up to you to put any price that you want! Best of luck with the sale, and I wish you well.
franck leriche
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 11:48 AM

I strongly disagree with your opinion on used instruments.
Most of the musicians buy an instrument for it's sound, and most of the musicians now that it takes some time for a new instrument to get mature.
A good musician will make alive a great instrument.
So there's no valuable reason for a used instrument to cost less than a new.

That's the reason i hate buying new instruments, you must wait months before it starts to speak.

oudistcamp
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 08:53 AM

I, too, disagree with Lute's opinion on used ouds.
A well-made oud that is well-cared for, and aged, is worth more than a brand new oud.
The instrument is seasoned and stable, her voice is open.
It may take a couple of years for a new instrument to open up, depending on the wood and finish used.
AND if the player does not play the new oud for long hours, and continue the course of study for at least the period it takes the oud to stabilize and open, the player may never hear the true voice of the instrument.
Consider that you are paying the previous owner babysitting services for the oud, till it passes the 'Terrible Two' age.
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 09:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lute  

For me, I think your price expectations seems high for what I can assume as well! your oud is no longer new, it is used! Most Ouds seems to lose value when bought new. I have seen it here, elsewhere and on ebay! See this link the oud costed over $3000 and now for $1100 http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=14990 It also suites my budget to buy a used oud! Furthermore, there is no hard case so it may get damage, so it needs one! Also, the postage cost and money transfer fees needs to be added! So if it is going to cost me 1,150 EUR = 1,482.58 USD plus other costs that mentioned above, wich may well cost me about $1850 just for a second hand Matta! Even if you drop $150 still it is not good for me or my budget! Having said that, it is up to you to put any price that you want! Best of luck with the sale, and I wish you well.

Come one ! You offered me 720 euros including shipping for an instrument which 1550 eur to be brought to France with shipping.
What are those " additionnal costs " of 400 usd your are adding ? For a money transfer and shipping inside Europe...Are you kidding ?
I told you I agreed to buy an hard case to ship it but not for this offer.
Anyway my aim is not to debate with you on this subject, wich is absolutely no use, but just wanted to give an answer.

I noticed you changed the title of your topic and talking of Huosain Sabsaby. I think it is a very good choice that should fit your needs. Even new, not second hand. I just sold mine for financial issue and both me and the buyer are happy with his instrument. I opened a thread some months ago about it.

Best

Lute
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 09:57 AM

I noticed you changed the title of your topic and talking of Huosain Sabsaby. I think it is a very good choice that should fit your needs. Even new, not second hand. I just sold mine for financial issue and both me and the buyer are happy with his instrument. I opened a thread some months ago about it.

No need for your misguided opinion or notice above about why I changed the title of my topic! The real reason is, I can get a new Fadi matta oud if I want as I have easy access and friends in Lebanon. Guess what, it will cost me more or less the same price of your secondhand oud (with all the other costs attached to it)! Thus, the reason I don't want to buy a used Matta's anymore and why I removed that option, it is just not worth it!

I think we both know your oud was not within my budget. To make it more clear, you asked whatever you wanted and I offered whatever I wanted, that is that!
This is not an on going debate ''as you said''! This thread is not for this purpose, keep it this way!

Luttgutt
Oud Junkie

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 10:38 AM

Hi all!

I think this topic is interristing in itself (regardless of the reason why it is posted here :))

So this is what I think.

A good oud made by a good maker will not loose value With time (as long as it is well taken care of, and has no damage...)

But neither will it gain value (expect for the usual, or UNSUSUAL, inflation. And of course expect for Nahat and Manol etc.)

I don't like all this talk about ouds opening up. You know if a oud is good or not from the first day. And how good it is!

This opening up is over exagerated if you ask me (no, you didn't, I know :))

I have never seen a bad oud turning good after "opening up"!!
Anybody who did? For real??

All this beeing said, we never got to listen to this particular oud. So I speack in general..

Anyway the oud looks good, and the buyer is happy..
So Congratulations! :)

The wood might be dead, but the oud is alive.
Lute
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 10:40 AM

Dear members, my point was about the oud value in general not if they open up with time or not! The one we have seen in the market every now and then from the three makers above for example! Also, I have seen Ghadban's oud sold for less than half of their original new price!!! I am not talking here about Nahats oud! Furthermore, for members who thinks it is my opinion that most (but not all) new ouds lose value when sold within few years. Let me correct this, this is NOT my opinion this is what I saw over the years and those are facts!

My comment was made to suz_i_dil only. I don't wish for this thread to be an open debate. This thread is only to buy an oud, and I do not wanted to be more than that! With all due respect, if you don't have oud to offer me, then please I prefer if you do not post your comments here! Thank you
Marina
Oud Junkie

Mood: Enthusiastic

[*] posted on 10-3-2014 at 12:57 PM

That's why I like forums - it's funny. :))
If u don't want people to post comments, u should send the private message.
:)):)) :D
francis
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 09:38 AM

I agree with you Marina: it's so funny! :) :airguitar:
Lute
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 11:02 AM

I am no longer looking to buy oud. Thank you all for your help and suggestions:)
Greg
Administrator
Thread Closed
10-4-2014 at 07:43 PM

Go To Top