Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: good,reasonable oud cases available
aasuits
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-27-2014 at 04:04 PM
good,reasonable oud cases available

greetings everyone. I hope this will be most helpful and useful. I have been despairing of ever getting good cases for the ouds I build- the Syrian cases from Aleppo were OK, but not so great, as the pegbox rested against the inside of the case. I've repaired busted pegboxes that were on ouds carried in just those cases.......and for quite tragic reasons, who knows if these Syrian cases will ever be available again. Custom made cases form England- the only place I've been able to source- are crazy expensive.
As it turns out, I was working with Mideast Mfg to change the design of their Oud Case, RHCOUDA, which sells for 161.91 + shipping.They widened and deepened the pegbox area so the issue of the pegbox in contact with case is no longer there. I was very pleased-just got one of these cases. You can add some bubble wrap around the bowl if needed, and across the soundboard, but the case does work as is. I am using longer headed pegs which are supremely comfortable in the hand- a design based on Nahat ouds. These were just a bit longer than violin/viola pegs I'd been using and needed this small additional bit of room to be safe inside the case.so, these fine people at Mideast responded to my suggestions for an improved design, and I am amazed this worked out. The cases are being made in Vietnam , I guess no longer a cause for curiosity as our world globalizes and shrinks daily. I'm not getting any kickback from this-just good oud case design!

[file]32675[/file] [file]32673[/file]

Go To Top