Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: sheet music for Toota
oudman

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 05:28 PM
sheet music for Toota

Hey guys
Does anybody have the sheet music for Farid el Atraches 'toota' on C?
(i know G is out there)
Thanks much
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 06:11 PM

I do! I'll post it here in a bit, after I find page one on my computer. Funny you should ask, I was just playing Toota this morning. In C.
oudman

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 06:29 PM

awesome
Im experimenting with different fingering for the last section and would be easier to just notate it on the sheet music
Thanks much
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 06:43 PM

whoops, the files are too big to post here. Hang on a bit as I figure out how to reduce them. I've done this before, I can do it again….

Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 07:29 PM

aaargh! this is turning out to be too time consuming as I've got too many irons in the fire this evening. I have just now emailed you the dots! Apologies to others on the forum who might have hoped to download the score.
John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 11-7-2014 at 11:01 AM

You can find Adel Samuel's* transcription--very clean--here: http://www.ahyasalam.com/play_song.php?songmd=448d1d66c17b746118ae4...

Peace out,
"Udi" John

*Adel Samuel is a Coptic Christian Egyptian violinist who has posted a huge number of very clean, very well transcribed Arabic song charts. Many are available on the Ah Ya Salam site. Adel Samuel is now my 2nd favorite Coptic Egyptian person, after Mike Malek, who founded this site!
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-7-2014 at 01:24 PM

thanks for this, John. the link when clicked, changes to http://www.ahyasalam.com and it's entirely in Arabic. I clicked on the photo of Farido and then on the shortest title I could find. A few pages flashed in rapid succession and I was back to the home page! please advise.

Quote: Originally posted by John Erlich  
You can find Adel Samuel's* transcription--very clean--here: http://www.ahyasalam.com/play_song.php?songmd=448d1d66c17b746118ae4...

Peace out,
"Udi" John

*Adel Samuel is a Coptic Christian Egyptian violinist who has posted a huge number of very clean, very well transcribed Arabic song charts. Many are available on the Ah Ya Salam site. Adel Samuel is now my 2nd favorite Coptic Egyptian person, after Mike Malek, who founded this site!
John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 11-9-2014 at 10:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jody Stecher  
thanks for this, John. the link when clicked, changes to http://www.ahyasalam.com and it's entirely in Arabic. I clicked on the photo of Farido and then on the shortest title I could find. A few pages flashed in rapid succession and I was back to the home page! please advise.

Quote: Originally posted by John Erlich  

Peace out,
"Udi" John

Hi Jody,

I don't know what's wrong with the Ah Ya Salam site. I have issues with it, too, especially at home on my Mac, but this seems to happen completely at random. Maybe try using a different browser? In the mean time, I am posting a PDF of Tootah.

[file]33254[/file]
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-9-2014 at 10:20 PM

Thanks John. This is essentially the version I sent oudman and I also thought of it as basically being in a type of C minor. But maybe Kurd and Bayati on G is more accurate, as he pointed out. Apparently he is looking for an arrangement one fourth higher, that starts in C (this one starts on G) and whose "a tempo" part is on F. Either way, it's fun to play Toota.
Microber
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-10-2014 at 01:21 AM
Toota again

Other partitions

Robert

[file]33255[/file] [file]33257[/file] [file]33259[/file]

Go To Top