Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ANOUAR BRAHEM Souvenance
Lysander
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-2-2014 at 03:16 PM
ANOUAR BRAHEM Souvenance

Just had a listen to the track "January", the album is due to be released next year. Have a listen. Impressive. I'm not normally a fan of oud with Western[ised] classical ensembles but this sounds very good.

http://youtu.be/YoUjtgXJBNI?t=45s

http://www.anouarbrahem.com
faggiuols
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-3-2014 at 07:01 AM

in truth I think Brahem is almost a god ..
if I love the oud is mostly because I love his music ..
I can not wait to have the new album!

thanks for the tip!
Branko
Oud Junkie

Mood: !?

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 09:24 AM

I have listened this 2CD album. I am a fan of Brahem, but, must say I am finding this album not oud-centric and a bit of a disappointment

ECM.com: "The music of "Souvenance", by turns graceful, hypnotic, and taut and starkly dramatic, was recorded in 2014,six years after oud master Anouar Brahem’s last ECM album, "The Astounding Eyes of Rita".
"It took a long time to write this music," he acknowledges, noting that his emotional world had been usurped by the unfolding story of political upheaval sweeping first through Tunisia then through the neighbouring countries. Extraordinary waves of change, accompanied by great hopes and fears. "I don’t claim a direct link between my compositions and the events taking place in Tunisia," says Anouar, "but I have been deeply affected by them." New directions for the music find Franҫois Couturier returning to the Brahem group, frequently supported by subtle string orchestration. The strings have a glowing transparency and fragility in these pieces, often providing shimmering texture against which the contributions of the quartet members – and, bove all, Anouar Brahem’s unique oud-playing – stand out in bold relief.
This double album was recorded at the Lugano studio in May 2014, and produced by Manfred Eicher."

Ich bin ein Balkaner!

Go To Top