Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hannabach 2500 oud set (gut + silk)
alchemy
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 12-26-2014 at 01:52 PM
Hannabach 2500 oud set (gut + silk)

Hey guys, me again still researching on strings. I found the other day that Hannabach has an oud set named 2500. It's based on gut trebles and silk core wound on golden-plated copper.

I wonder if any of you have tried it?

I asked Hannabach for more info and replied that the set was developed for ouds with scale length of 63,5cm and the average string tension is 4.2kg.

I tried to make a conversion using this tool and the result was 3,76kg average tension for a 60cm scale length. Do you think that the number makes sense? If so, should be roughly similar in tension to Pyramid's oranges (at least on average, which is 3,7kg according to OudStrings.com).

Thanks!
journeyman
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-26-2014 at 06:27 PM

They look great: gold wound on silk and two gut strings, but a little too expensive for me. (about $120 US plus shipping) Still, I'd love to hear them.

roypatterson.com
grassyknoll
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 11-15-2018 at 01:45 PM

I am also really curious about this hannabach set

I've listened to some rabih abou khalil (who made this set, apparently, in partnership with hannabach).. nice tones

I've done calculations using the tension info you provided from hannabach and got 3.74 for a 60cm oud.

Really close to you

Personally I find that pyramid orange sounds good tuned half a step down on my our.. and if the hannabach tension is similar (sounds like it is), maybe it also would sound good, half a step down on my oud..

Love to hear any sound samples or feed back anyone has on these rather expensive strings:)
grassyknoll
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 11-15-2018 at 01:46 PM

BTW.. where did you see that the wound strings were wound on silk?

I didn't see that in my searches..

Go To Top