Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Purchasing the yayli tanbur
RecrudescentWonder
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 11:45 PM
Purchasing the yayli tanbur

Hello all!

So as I have been expanding my understanding and interest in various instruments, I have come across the yayli tanbur. It is quite difficult for me to purchase this instrument, seeing as how I cannot come across any here in the Eastern United States-therefore, this search must be conducted online. A friend of mine is to visit Turkey soon, and I may possibly have him pick one up for me while he is there.

I just wish to know what I should be instructing him to look for. I am indeed looking for one of a higher quality, so are those with a wooden body also much better? Also I know to search for one with a soundpost. If anyone can pass on information it would be greatly appreciated.
teslim
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 08:46 AM

the best yayli tanburs are made by mustafa gencer... you can find his page on Facebook.... much higher quality and sound then any that I've tried including the ones by cancaya music.... mustafa is a wonderful luthier and player.the metal cumbus body ones are ok for beginning on but need to be set up...if you have any specific questions feel free to contact me here on mikes as it is difficult to find info on this beautiful instrument..good luck,,
CumbusOud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 1-12-2015 at 05:28 AM

Hello,

I bought an Oud on ebay. Seller is from Turkey, I think this seller has a shop in Istanbul.
I very satisfied with this seller service and quality of instrument. I alos think to buy a Kanun from this seller.
I will give you seller's eBay shop link. you can contact with him from this link.
I saw he has Yayli Tanbur.

http://stores.ebay.com/trirstore/

Jack
charlyc
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 5-13-2015 at 01:13 AM

Hey there,

Did you guys find out about a nice Yayli tanbur ?

Thanks,
Charly

Go To Top