Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud Repair by John Vergara (bulerias1981)
Amos
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 09:34 PM
Oud Repair by John Vergara (bulerias1981)

I haven't posted here in ages but I wanted to share a very positive experience I had having these two ouds repaired byJohn Vergara at his shop, Lord of The Strings, in Beacon, NY. The oud on the left is Ibrahim Sukar (Syria) and on the left is Haider (also Syria). John's repairs are solid, clean and resolved the issues that needed to be addressed exactly as I needed them to be. John was highly professional, punctual, explained everything he was doing, itemized each repair clearly in a simple invoice and even threw in some extras to make sure the repairs yielded the desired result before I brought the ouds back to Maine from New York. Both of these instruments had serious issues that rendered one of them completely unplayable and the other fairly limited. They are both performance-ready now and the final amount I paid for the work was extremely reasonable. I highly recommend John to anyone in need of stringed instrument repairs of any kind, not only ouds. I have played both of these ouds in ensemble rehearsals in the last couple days and they sound excellent. Not to mention John is a great guy to talk to and his passion for the instrument and the tradition very much show in his work and his appreciation of the music. He's a great resource for us to have in the community and I wanted to put this out there...hope all is well with everyone here.

[file]34144[/file]

Our music is like an ocean...

Go To Top