Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Do you know what oud this is?
Tech1206
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 04:28 PM
Do you know what oud this is?

Hi,

I'm not an oud player but I did find this oud while helping a friend clean out her storage bin. Her late husband was a musician and had all kinds of instruments in there. I came across this oud (at least I believe it's an oud). I'm hoping someone here could help me identify it. She's hoping that it might have some value to someone and she can sell it. Obviously it needs some work. I took the best picture I could of the label inside. Thanks in advance for your help.

[file]34159[/file]

[file]34160[/file]
hussamd
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 05:23 PM

Need a better picture for the bottom of the label. I can make 196x as the year and Ali Wassouf (name cut) as the maker. Looks like it needs some help.
Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 1-25-2015 at 03:47 AM

This's a typical Syrian oud from 1960-1, made by an uknown maker, unless you take a better shot of the lower half of the label. I tend to believe it's a Damascine not Aleppian oud.
A good photo of the bowl could give us more clues about it, so please.
The soundboard seems sound as much as we can detect from the picture, yet a proffessional hand should check it closely. Tell us where it is and one here might help you with a nearby luthier who could check and maybe restore the poor oud.
I wish you good luck. It might be a very good oud.

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

alfarabymusic@gmail.com

Go To Top