Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ozten strings. Bad experience
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-21-2015 at 06:06 AM
Ozten strings. Bad experience

Just wanted to share my recent experience regarding Ozten strings
After some advices from people here in this site, I decided to go for Ozten strings for my 58.5 cm CC cc ouds.
I sent my request as a facebook message to Kenan Ozten page.
I got immediately a friendship request from a guy called Suat Isik Ozten as he introduced himself as the one responsible for strings.
After giving him the specification I wanted and emphasizing that it should be for CC cc medium tension on 58.5 cm string length ouds, he said he has the right strings for me. According to that I bought 5 sets and paid him to his bank account in Germany. I got the strings 10 days later and surprisingly they were not suitable for my ouds. There was no sound other than annoying buzz of strings insufficiently strung. The tension is so low that it is not possible to play the oud. I contacted Suat telling him that there should be a mistake. He promised to check his calculations.......and he never wrote back. I contacted him again to tell him how disappointed I am with the strings and above that with the way he treats his costumers......of course no reply. I tried 3 sets in total. One on Faruk Turunz oud, one on Abu Alaa oud and the last on Zaher Kahalifa oud. They all were awful.
Think twice if you want to buy from this man unless you have extra money to throw away. I still have the correspondences with him saved.
[file]34491[/file] [file]34493[/file]
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-26-2015 at 02:01 AM

Hello
I had a good experience with Suat who is the son of Kenan Ozten. As far as I know he opened his own business in Izmir, and I think it's him who initiate the string making at his father workshop.
All the 0.10 sets I got from him worked fine for my 58.5 ouds.
I made 2 orders from him, maybe the sets on my second order were a bit more tense.
A disappointment though, I asked him also sets to tune in f on a 58.5 fixed bridge. Those sets were un-usable, much too tense for a fixed bridge. Definitely too tense , i m usually using rather high tension. Not a big deal for me because I use them on my floater oud. But can be disappointing for a customer.

PaulS
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-26-2015 at 06:39 PM

My Farouk Turunz (Turkish) came fitted with these strings. I have tried quite a few others but none sounds as good. In Istanboul recently I bought another set 0.09 and they sound wonderful even tuned C to c as my oud is.
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-28-2015 at 03:12 PM

I know he is a good guy....I contacted him later......I explained to him what I had expected from him....Apparently we have diffnerent openions
He also admitted that the combination of strings that I had should be further checked by himv
I know many other friends...our forum friend Suz is one of them and he is happy with the strings.
Please do not take my post agains him...this guy is capable of producing great strings...it is just as Lte explained....he need more care regarding after sales services

Go To Top